In Pursuit of Perfection
- NEW CONTRACT SCOREBOARD. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article provides information on contracts in the food service industry as of January 15, 2006. The contractors include: Compass Group from Charlotte, North Carolina, Sodexho from Gaithersburg, Maryland and Whitsons Culinary Group from Huntington Station, New York.
- Whitsons Lands Boston Schools Contract. // Food Management;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that Whitsons Culinary Group was chosen by Boston Public Schools as its new school food provider to serve the 86 schools in the city that lack onsite kitchens.
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p10
The article presents updates on the contract food service business in the U.S. as of December 15, 2005. Sodexho has opened two Jazzman's Cafe in Tennessee. Whitsons Culinary Group will be relocating to a facility in Islandia, New York.
- Lunch lady crosses the Sound. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/18/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p12A
The article reports on the intention of Islandia-based Whitsons Culinary Group to serve lunches to hungry schoolchildren at Norwalk School District in Connecticut. It is noted that Whitsons Culinary Group is a foodservice and facilities management provider. However, students can look forward to...
- Breakfast Gets Custom Treatment. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p60
The article features U.S. foodservice operators that offer customized breakfast to cater to busy customers of all ages. Cited here are the breakfast dining carts serviced by Whitsons Culinary Group in the New Britain School District in Connecticut, trendy to-go items prepared by Chef Eddie...
- Family Ties. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p24
The article profiles Robert Whitcomb, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of foodservice company, Whitsons Culinary Group. He earned his business administration degree from Hofstra University. He and his wife, Mary Lou have four children. It provides a background of Whitsons and how it...
- Viva Italia. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p64
The article presents information on "Little Italy" ethnic theme food promotion of Whitsons Culinary Group. Executive Chef John Koutras is developing a menu of Italian regional foods that can be interpreted with a light and healthy perspective to fit with the way people are eating today. The...
- MANAGING YOUR BUSINESS. // FoodService Director;5/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p16
The article offers food industry news briefs as of May 2013. Six U.S. districts including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles formed the Urban School Food Alliance to improve food quality served to students. Food service company Whitsons School Nutrition apologized for the incident involving its...
- Where in the world are the women executives? Ader, Nancy J.; Izraeli, Dafna N. // Business Quarterly;Autumn94, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p89
Focuses on the status of women executives in the business world. Increase of women in management positions; Promotion of women in communist countries; Barrier to senior executive positions; Need for proper credentials; Competitive advantage with women executives; Actions by transnational firms;...