UCSC Earns Hobart's Praise, Help
- The New Color of Design. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p52
The article focuses on the trend towards sustainability in the noncommercial foodservice sector. Design projects which incorporate environmentally sound elements are popular in the food service. According to Todd Guyette of Colburn & Guyette Consulting Partners, Inc., to go green can be less...
- Voice of Experience. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p54
An interview with Ted Mayer, executive director of Harvard University Dining Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is presented. He talks about green design in the food service sector. He argues that implementing a green approach to design is less expensive. He describes the food service at...
- EarthCraft House Building. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;5/20/2014, p5
A description of the course EarthCraft program being offered by Builder Trainings in Atlanta, Gerogia regarding best practices for sustainable construction and design is presented.
- Seeing Green. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;1/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p8
The author reflects on sustainable designs within libraries. It is the author's view that libraries have a long path to tread in order to go green, yet the author believes there is not better facility suited to model best practices as far as sustainable design and environmentalism than a...
- Best of the Leadership Blogs. // Executive Leadership;Oct2015, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p5
Blog posts from the website www.ExecLeadership.com/bestblogs, regarding the best practices to become an effective business leader, are presented
- Product Data Technology (PDT) Impact on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA); the case of CASCADE and DEPUIS. Moreno, Anna; Amato, Anna; Hanandi, Musadaq // Environmental Management & Sustainable Development;Nov2012, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p116
This paper presents the cases of CASCADE (Co-operation and Standards for life Cycle Assessment Data in Europe) and DEPUIS (Design Environmental friendly Product Using information Standards), two projects that aimed at improving the eco-design of new products and services through an innovative...
- BEST PRACTICES TO DESIGN SUSTAINABLY. Benson, Eric // SustainAble: A Handbook of Materials & Applications for Graphic ;2008, p19
The article states that the creation of sustainable designs begins at the start of the design process. It lists questions that the designer needs to address including the best method to communicate the message, the impact of making the piece, and how to lessen the impact when one prints the...
- Calendar. // Systems Contractor News;Oct2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
A calendar of events from October 15, 2013 - February 27, 2014 is presented which includes NSCA Webinar Series, NSCA Best Practices Conference (BPC) in California and NSCA Business & Leadership Conference in Texas.
- HOSPITALS IN PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE. Towne, Jennifer // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2009, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p50
The article offers information on The Hospitals in Pursuit of Excellence initiative of the American Hospital Association (AHA). It will support hospital leaders by providing and highlighting best practices in performance improvement efforts throughout U.S. hospitals. The six Principles of...