Government Center Cafeteria To Use Bio-Plastic Containers
- Bioplastic packaging made from fruit skins. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2010, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p70
The article deals with the development of the Fruitplast biodegradable plastic packaging by researchers at the University Sain Malaysia (USM).
- BIOPLASTICS KNOW NO BOUNDARIES. // BioCycle;Oct2003, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p21
Examples of the tremendous progress taking place with compostable plastics abound. Toyota Motor Corp. announced plans to construct a pilot plant to produce bioplastics made from vegetable matter in the United States. The new facility, to be built within an existing manufacturing plant in Japan,...
- New Plastic for Biodegradable Mulch Film. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the move of BASF AG to expand its line of biodegradable plastic compounds in the shape of agricultural films in addition of Ecovio F. Mulch biodegrades.
- Ohio State researchers find bio-plastics are not so good at biodegrading. // Farm & Dairy;3/13/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 25, pB1
The article reports on the study conducted by Ohio State University researchers suggesting that most bio-plastics available in the market do not biodegrade within the time period used in standard solid-waste management processes and emphasizes it does not meet industry compostability standards.
- Microbial degradation of plastic: a review. Kale, Swapnil K.; Deshmukh, Amit G.; Dudhare, Mahendra S.; Patil, Vikram B. // Journal of Biochemical Technology;2015, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p952
Since last few decades the uncontrolled use of plastics for various purposes such as packaging, transportation, industry and agriculture in rural as well as urban areas, has elevated serious issue of plastic waste disposal and its pollution. The efficient decomposition of plastic bags takes...
- Degradables symposium to precede NPE. // Plastics News;12/5/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p27
The article informs that the International Degradable Plastics Symposium: Status of Biobased and Synthetic Polymer Technology will take place during June 14-17, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Chicago, Illinois. Degradable polymers and resins based on biological raw materials will be...
- Degradable plastic industry on the verge of commercial success. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2010, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p57
The article reports on the business prospects for the degradable plastic industry, according to the report "Degradable Plastics," released by The Freedonia Group.
- United front on degradables fragments amid accusations. Gander, Paul // Food Manufacture;Aug2005, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on the heated exchange between exponents of different biodegradable technologies which began when the international bioplastics industry organization IBAW published criticisms of so-called â€˜oxo-degradableâ€™ plastics, based on polyethylene (PE). Response of IBAW to the...
- PERSPECTIVES ON PLASTICS IN COMPOST. Rynk, Robert // BioCycle;Jun2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p38
Provides perspectives that emerged from the 2002 International Symposium on Composting and Compost Utilization in Columbus, Ohio, about the plastics problem and the potential solutions. Results of research projects that examined samples of municipal solid waste compost; Analysis of the...