Sustainable Food Truck Debuts
- COMING THIS FALL SEMESTER: MIT DINING FACILITY ADOPTS RESTAURANT-STYLE OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the dining facility at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge that will open in September 2000. Cooking equipment in the facility; Foods that will be offered to students; Its benefits for students.
- Elaine Hunt. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Profiles Elaine Hunt, senior director of Child Nutrition at Wake Country School District in Raleigh, North Carolina. Strategy for meeting the challenge of managing major growth while maintaining financial stability; Competent staff; Tight labor market; Proper training; Refine of customer input.
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.
- Teachers Are Brands in School Food Court. // Food Management;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the strategy of Ohio County High School cafeteria to increase their sales in Ohio. Expansion of daily menu options; Branding of outlets; Reason to the sales increase.
- Trying to mix cultures. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p94
Highlights the emergence of multi-cultural menus in school cafeterias in the United States. Reason for the fusion cooking experiment of Lyons Township High School; Ingredients of a Kosher pizza; Information on the food served by Keto Academy in Purchase, New York.
- Nominate Someone for a FAME Award. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p18
The article calls for nominations to the 2007 Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Awards. Nominees must be school food service professionals or avid supporters of child nutrition who are members of the School Nutrition Association. The deadline for nominations will be on September 8, 2006.
- Beverly Girard MBA, MS, RD, SFHS. Lefebvre, Joanne // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p42
The article profiles Beverly Girard, director of Food and Nutrition Services of Sarasota County Public Schools in Florida. Girard is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for her commitment to training, as well as the future of child...