Colorado School District Hires Nutritionist Ann Cooper as Consultant
- Descending on Congress. King, Paul // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p16
The author talks about the passion of Ann Cooper, a school food service professional, on the subject of school nutrition. He comments on Cooper's accomplishments as foodservice director for the Berkeley School District in California and the success of her consultancy called Lunch Lessons. He...
- SERVING SUGGESTION. Solomon, Karen // Onearth;Summer2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the effort of Ann Cooper to change the menus of the school cafeterias in the U.S. It states that when Cooper became the director of nutrition services at the Berkeley Unified School District in California, she altered chicken nuggets to real chicken, fresh produce instead...
- What's for lunch? Fine, Ariana Rawls // District Administration;Jul2014, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p28
The article discusses the strategies of school districts for serving students with appetizing and healthy meals under federal nutritional regulations. Strategies include offering Mexican dishes such as corn chip pie, adding ethnic flavors such as orange chipotle and cherry blossom chicken, and...
- Capitalizing on a la carte dollars. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on strategies which school foodservice directors (FSD) are devising to enable them to protect their nutritional and educational credibility, while reaping the financial benefits of a la carte programs. Problems experience from a la carte lines; Views of Mary Andersen, a FSD; Information...
- Quality control is now by the book. // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Presents information on the manual `Quality Measures for Georgia's School Nutrition Program,' which can be used to provide school foodservice directors in Georgia with information on how to improve efficiencies and service. Comments from Annette Bomar, director of the school and community...
- Child protection madness takes the biscuit. // Education (14637073);10/15/2010, Issue 407, p3
The article discusses St. Mary's Primary School in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland where a catering supervisor was dismissed from her job after she gave a child a cookie and was accused of "child grooming" under the Child Protection Act.
- Small Soldiers and Better Food. Wright, Jr., Fred W. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2000, Issue 178, p13
Highlights the decision of the Berkeley United School District to require schools in Berkeley, California to provide students with pesticide-free, herbicide-free and hormone-free foods. Details on the implementation of the decision; Challenges faced by Berkeley's organic foods project; Opinion...
- VT Names New Sustainability Coordinator. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article announces that Dining Services at 30,000-student Virginia Tech has named Andy Sarjajhani as dining services' sustainability coordinator.
- Child nutrition programs differ, challenges similar, forum concludes. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p18
Discusses the 4th annual Global Child Nutrition Forum held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on August 2002. Objective of the forum; Challenges facing school food service directors; Countries that participated in the forum.