STANDLEYI UNA NUEVA SECCIï¿½N DEL Gï¿½NERO LONCJOCARPUS (LEGUMINOSAE), NUEVAS ESPECIES Y SUBESPECIE PARA MESOAMï¿½RICA Y SUDAMï¿½RICA
- EL GÃ‰NERO MUELLERA L. f. EN MESOAMÃ‰RICA Y NORTE DE SUDAMÃ‰RICA. Sousa, S. Mario; Sotuyo, Solange // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jul2012, Issue 100, p15
A preliminary phylogenetic analysis with nuclear ribosomal internal transcriber spacers (nrITS) sequence supports Muellera as a monophyletic group, sister of the genus Dahlstedtia, both groups sisters of Lonchocarpus. Thirteen species of Muellera from Mesoamerica and north of South America were...
- A new name and seventeen new combinations in the Magnolia (Magnoliaceae) of China and Vietnam. Callaghan, Chris; Png, Siak-Khoon (SK) // Botanical Studies;Dec2013, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p1
Background: A new name is proposed and seventeen new combinations are made as a result of the previous reduction of the remaining genera of subfamily Magnolioideae (Magnoliaceae) into the genus Magnolia. Results: The replacement name Magnolia fansipanensis is proposed for Manglietia crassifolia...
- CALCEOLARIA DICHOTOMA SUBSP. COLIMANA (CALCEOLARIACEAE), UNA SUBESPECIE NUEVA DEL OCCIDENTE DE Mï¿½XICO. Padilla-Velarde, Eloy; Cuevas-Guzm�n, Ram�n // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2010, Issue 91, p95
Calceolaria dichotoma subsp. colimana is described and illustrated as a new subspecies from the state of Colima in western Mexico. C. dichotoma belongs to subgenus Cheiloncos and section Micranthera, previously only known from the Andes, from Colombia to the north of Argentina. The finding of...
- ADICIONES AL GÃ‰NERO INGA (INGEAE, MIMOSOIDEAE, LEGUMINOSAE) PARA LA FLORA MESOAM ERICANA. Sousa, Mario S. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;oct2009, Issue 89, p25
Two species new to science are described and a new combination is made for the genus Inga (Ingeae, Mimosoideae, Leguminosae) in the phytogeographic area treated by the Flora Mesoamericana. Descriptions and illustrations are provided for Inga lactifera M. Sousa and I. appendiculata M. Sousa. A...
- LA SECT. LONCHOCARPUS DEL Gï¿½NERO LONCHOCARPUS (LEGUMINOSAE, PAPILIONOIDEAE, MILLETTIEAE): NUEVAS ESPECIES Y SUBESPECIE PARA Mï¿½XICO Y MESOAMï¿½RICA. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;ene2011, Issue 94, p27
No abstract available.
- A new subspecies of Bulbophyllum (Orchidaceae, Bulbophyllinae) from The Society Islands. Margońska, Hanna B. // Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae;2012, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p12
A new subspecies of the Bulbophyllum tahitense (Orchidaceae), from The Society Islands (French Polynesia) is proposed. A new subspecies is described and illustrated. Keys to taxa of Society Islands genus Bulbophyllum, is added.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE YUCCA (AGAVACEAE) DE OAXACA Y PUEBLA, MEXICO. Garcia-Mendoza, Abisai // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 42, p1
Yucca mixtecana sp. nov. is described from near the border between the Mexican states of Oaxaca and Puebla. The species is a member of section Sarcocarpa Engelm., series Treculeanae McKelvey. It is similar to Y. periculosa Baker and Y. jaliscensis Trel.
- XYLARIACEAE FIMICOLAS: XYLARIA EQUINA SP. NOV. Y NUEVOS REGISTROS MEXICANOS DE XYLARIA PILEIFORMIS Y PORONIA ERICI. San Martin, Felipe; Lavin, Pablo; Perez Silva, Evangelina // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 42, p15
Poronia erici is first recorded for the American continent and a key is provided for Poronia species currently known from Mexico. Xylaria pileiformis is first recorded for the Mexican mycobiota. Xylaria equina is proposed as new to science and is compared with other fimicolous and nonfimicolous...
- Abuse of the Indians. // Christian Century;3/4/87, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p222
The indians of the highlands of Guatemala and southern Mexico continue to be exploited, and mistreated, just as they were three centuries ago by the Spanish conquistadors. A firsthand description of their plight.