TILLANDSIA MAGNISPICA (BROMELIACEAE: TILLANDSIOIDEAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM OAXACA, MEXICO
- TAXONOMIC AND NOMENCLATURAL STATUS OF THE MEXICAN SPECIES IN THE TILLANDSIA VIRIDIFLORA COMPLEX (BROMELIACEAE). Kr�mer, Thorsten; Espejo-Serna, Adolfo; L�pez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Ehlers, Renate; Lautner, J�rgen // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2012, Issue 99, p1
Based on a systematic study of the Mexican species in the Tillandsia viridiflora complex, the taxonomic and nomenclatural status of these species is clarified. The former synonym T. macropetala is reestablished as a species. An identification key for the complex species (T. grandis, T....
- Influence of Grey-Leaved Tillandsia Species in Hybrid Crosses. Reilly, Bob // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p168
The article presents observations on the influence of grey-leaved Tillandsia species in hybrid crosses. The descriptions of the hybrid crosses are given. It cites a review of literature. It outlines several conclusions based from the observations.
- Tillandsia Symposium to be Held at the World Bromeliad Conference, 2006. Gardner-Sill, Sue // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p61
Presents information a symposium dedicated to the taxonomy of Tillandsia plant species to be held at the World Bromeliad Conference 2006 in San Diego, California. Efforts of scientists to examine the plant; Evolution of plant taxonomy; Background of speakers who will be featured in the event,...
- The Genus Crotalaria (Fabaceae) in Alabama. Leverett, Lindsay D.; Woods, Michael // Castanea;Dec2012, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p364
The primary objectives of this project were to determine which species of Crotalaria (Fabaceae) occur in Alabama and the county distribution of each species. Crotalaria, known commonly as rattlebox, is recognized as consisting of seven species in Alabama. The most common species are Crotalaria...
- Untitled. // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p96
A photograph of Tillandsia species found in Cajamarca, Peru is presented.
- Reactions and implications of Tillandsia x florida seed in vitro. Dorris, Michael // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p106
The article offers reactions on the results of an experiment on nutritive growing conditions of Tillandsia x florida seed in vitro from a plant found in West Central Florida. Phytotechnology laboratories' EXS III, a plant cell culture medium for foliage plants, was added to the seeds and a...
- Errata. // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p14
Presents a correction to an article about Tillandsia candelifera that was previously published in the November to December 2002 issue of the "Journal of the Bromeliad Society."
- PLANT PORTRAITS. NORRIS, NANCY // Garden Railways;Feb2016, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p25
The article features the plant Tillandsia or air plant which can be used as a decoration for model garden railroads.
- Vernonian galamensis, potential new crop source of epoxy acid Perdue, Jr., Robert E.; Carlson, Kenneth D.; Gilbert, Michael G. // Economic Botany;Jan/Mar1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p54
No abstract available.