In the Loop
- Gemstar Downsizes e-Book Unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/9/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p24
Deals with the plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International to downsize its electronic-book group. Reason behind the downsizing; Information on the unit's financial performance; Strategies applied by Gemstar on the unit.
- Globe Pequot Press Continues To Grow Through Acquisition Strategy. // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p7
Reports the plan of the Connecticut-based Globe Pequot Press to acquire Falcon Publishing Inc. in Helena, Minnesota. Estimation of the revenues generated by the companies; Background of Globe Pequot; List of acquired companies.
- Gemstar posts $1.3 bil loss in Q4. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/1/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 52, p4
In certified earnings release of the company Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. since it underwent a massive management overhaul in 2002, the Pasadena, California-based company posted in Aril 2003 a widened fourth-quarter loss because of a significant decrease in assets. The company took steps...
- Gemstar will restate revs. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/24/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to restate its financial revenues for the past three fiscal years in the U.S. Cash impact of the restatements; Effects of the initiative on the licensing fees and advertising sales of the company; Views of financial analysts on the...
- Globe Completes Falcon Purchase. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p16
Reports that Globe Pequot Press has completed its acquisition of Falcon Press and is in the process of integrating the Falcon line into its own operations. Functions of Globe's Guilford, Connecticut headquarters; Role of Bill Schneider; Number of titles that Globe will publish in 2000.
- Mapping Path to the Unified Unknown. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p36
Presents news briefs related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to provide navigation tools for interactive program guides; Envison of Stern Telecommunications Corp. of New York that its patents when licensed can be...
- IPG Platform Gains Major Advertisers. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Southeast Edition;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the advertisers that are venturing in the interactive program guide of Gemstar-TV Guide, an Internet company based in New York. Clients of the company; Audio-visual products and services offered; Forecasts on the profits of the company.
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Presents news related to electronic media as of December 2, 2002. Acadia certification received by on-demand guide for the Motorola DCT2000 digital set-top platform of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc.; Partnership between GlobeCast News, Reuters Support Services and Reuters News to provide...
- Gemstar Bitten By Accounting Bug. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p30
Reports on accounting error committed by Gemstar-TV Guide International in its 2001 earnings results relased in March 2002. Accounting techniques employed by Gemstar; Performance of the stocks of the company; Views of analysts on the issue.