- Potter Powers Scholastic. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p16
Reveals the revenues contributed by the `Harry Potter' books to Scholastic Inc. for the first quarter ended August 31, 2000. Rise in revenues in the educational publishing group; Gain from Grolier reference sales; Decline in net loss in the quarter.
- Scholastic Trade Enjoying Strong Run. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/23/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 34, p11
Reports on the surge in sales and earnings of Scholastic's trade group in the fiscal year ended May 31, 1999. Estimated revenues of the company; Information on the children's bestsellers for the week ended August 7, 1999 that were published by Scholastic; Scholastic book titles for release in 1999.
- Sales Flat, Earnings Up at Scholastic. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the increase in earnings of book company Scholastic for the third quarter ended February 28, 2002. Impact of cost controls in the firm on profit improvements; Decline in the segment sales of the company; Details of the profit increase in its educational publishing business.
- Scholastic Reports 2Q Results, Posts Improved Performance in School Book Clubs and Fairs. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p5
Describes the financial results of publishing firm Scholastic Inc. for the second quarter of fiscal 2004, ended November 30, 2003. Overall revenues; Sales in the children's book publishing and distribution division.
- Scholastic Adjusts for Potter-less Fiscal 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p14
Speculates on the factors that will influence the revenue of Scholastic in fiscal year ending May 30, 2003. Impact of the delay in publication of the fifth edition of the book 'Harry Potter' on the company; Economic aspects of the company's revenue; Significance of acquisitions to the company;...
- Financial News... // Electronic Education Report;04/12/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p8
Highlights the financial performance of Scholastic Corp. in the third fiscal quarter ended February 29, 2000.
- Scholastic's Educ. Unit Sees 23% Q4 Increase, 8% For Fiscal 2000. // Educational Marketer;08/07/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the increase in revenues posted by Scholastic's educational publishing segment in the fourth quarter ended May 31, 2000.
- With Q2 Revenue Up, Scholastic Offers A 2-For-1 Stock Split. // Educational Marketer;01/08/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the increase in the revenue posted by the Educational Publishing Division of Scholastic Corp. for the second quarter and six month-period that ended on November 30, 2000.
- Financial Briefs . . . // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the increase in the revenue and profit of Scholastic Corp. for its fiscal third quarter that ended on February 28, 2001.