Yahoo! Selects B&N.com As Top Bookselling Site After Amazon Bails
- B&N.com Replaces Amazon As Featured Bookseller on Yahoo! Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p14
Reports that Barnesandnoble.com has replaced Amazon.com as the featured online bookseller on Yahoo!, the most popular site on the Internet. Why Amazon renewed the contract with America Online (AOL); Effort of Yahoo! and BN.com to compete with AOL.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p7
Presents news about the book publishing industry, as of July 2002. Scholastic's move to strengthen its presence in the British consumer market; Amazon.com's launch of its Canadian Web site; Barnes & Noble.com's lists of top sellers.
- Book Battle. Bannan, Karen J. // Brandweek;02/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p80
Offers a look at the status of online booksellers in the United States compared with their electronic-commerce competitors. Total value of the online bookselling market; Reason behind the popularity of online bookselling; Strategy of Amazon.com; Net income of Barnesandnoble.com; How Borders.com...
- 'Phoenix' Sparks Amazon.com Gains. // Publishers Weekly;7/28/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 30, p10
Presents an update on Internet book trade in the U.S. as of July 2003. Increase in the sales in the North America media unit of Amazon.com for the second quarter ended June 30, 2003; Changes made by Barnes & Noble.com to its free freight offering.
- Jensen to Leave Amazon.com. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p18
Presents an update on the book industry as of March 11, 2002. Resignation of Warren Jenson from Amazon.com Inc.; Status of the patent infringement lawsuit between Barnesandnoble.com Inc. and Amazon.
- E-commerce, e-mmediately. EVANS, MIKE // Industry Week/IW;12/21/98, Vol. 247 Issue 23, p84
Comments on the importance of electronic commerce in the emerging trend of high technology area. Estimates of Internet sales of goods in 1998; Growth of Internet usage; Why customers take advantage of the opportunities to shop online at home; Comparison between online services of Amazon.com and...
- barnesandnoble shores up against Amazon. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the electronic commerce competition between Barnesandnoble.Com Inc. and Amazon.Com Inc. Efforts of each company in getting a competitive advantage over each other; Comparison of the financial performance of the companies during the third quarter of 2000; Features added by each...
- INTO UNKNOWN TERRITORY. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Apr98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the increase in sales through online bookstores of Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com in the Canadian book trade. Enthusiasm of publishers for the sales of Canadian titles reaching U.S. audience through the internet; Amendment in the Canadian Copyright Act; Emphasis on an agreement...
- Can You Patent a Click? Jacobs, James David // Global Finance;Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p57
Debates over the patenting of electronic business processes. Dispute between Barnes&Noble.com and Amazon.com over the patent of the `one-click' system; How the system works; Factor that determines patentability of a product or process.