Internet-Based Used Book Business Buzzes As Out-Of-Print Dealers Head To The Web
- Gooale-whacked. // Prospect;Dec2008, Issue 153, p8
The article reports on the online search company Google Inc. and its agreement with U.S. publishers to provide access to copyrighted books. Out-of-print books will be available for a fee either online or through an electronic book reading device. Other topics include memoirs and repackaged...
- abebooks, OCLC Team to Offer New Services. // Computers in Libraries;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p68
Informs that abebooks and OCLC have announced that they are linking to provide librarians and their users access to a large source of out-of-print books on the Internet. Ability of site users to link to the abebooks Web site for out-of-print, secondhand and rare copies of books; Ability to...
- The Web Is a Bibliophile's Dream. Kennedy, Shirley Duglin // Information Today;Feb1999, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p24
Discusses Internet sites which benefit book lovers. Internet use and hard-copy reading not mutually exclusive; Sites for literary interest niches; Site for the book `Genreflecting: A Guide to Reading Interests in Genre Fiction,' by Diana Tixler Herald; Various sites for investigating books;...
- Seymour Simon, 81, Goes Digital. Ishizuka, Kathy // School Library Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on author Seymour Simon and the launching of his subscription-based digital content streaming service StarWalk Kids. The author explores how StarWalk Kids has focused on out-of-print books, discusses how students can access content with the browser-based StarWalk Reader, and...
- Used books on the Internet: The new frontier. J.N. // Publishers Weekly;11/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 46, p22
Looks at Internet search services that help to locate used books. Bibliofind; Advanced Book Exchange; Interloc; The vast number of used and antiquarian books available on the Internet; Why an Internet customer would purchase a book through a bookseller instead of going directly to the search...
- Used and improved? Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;6/29/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 26, p20
Discusses Barnes & Noble's (B&N) relaunch of used books at some of its stores. The arrangement between B&N and Advance Book Exchange (ABE), an online service that matches buyers and sellers of used books; Worries of antiquarian booksellers due to B&N; Differences between used books and...
- Flashbacks. Mac McClellan, J. // Flying;Feb2008, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p96
The article presents reprints published in the previous issues.
- It isn't OK to steal. Lyons, Mary E. // Library Journal;12/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p13
A letter to the editor is presented which comments on turning out-of-print, copyrighted books into electronic books without permission from authors or their literary estates.
- Searching for Out-of-Print Books. Kaiser, Lillian S. // School Library Journal;May80, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p45
Presents strategies for a library to procure an out-of-print book. Inquiry of the title at bookstores; Possibility of the availability of the books at used-book dealers; Advertisement of the book through a search service.