Setting the agenda
- Italian show set for Sept. // Furniture/Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p18
Reports the schedule of the 17th edition of the Abitare il Tempo Italian furniture exhibition in Verona, Italy. Attraction of high-end retailers and designers; Exhibitions on experimental and research furniture.
- Good design spreading on international scale. Hodnett, Cindy W. // Furniture/Today;3/4/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p40
In this article, the author reflects on preparation and innovative designing in furniture to be displayed in Salone Internazionale del Mobile furniture fair in April 2013 in Milan in Italy and also comments on incorporation of design competitions in international furniture exhibitions.
- Flower power rules at London Design Week. Melim, Richard de // Cabinet Maker;03/30/2001, Issue 5231, p5
Focuses on the reinvention design of furniture floral patterns during the London Design Week in England. Predominance of floral patterns in the exhibit; Companies participated in the show; Variety of designs in fabrics and wall covering.
- Versatility at work or play. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p6
Highlights the Spectrum furniture exhibition at the Commonwealth Institute in London, England on May 2001. Extension of the Stripe Series by Wales & Wales; Introduction of seats and recliners designed by Maarten Van Severen; Reintroduction of the Contour Chair by David Colwell.
- Designers fly the flag in the Big Apple. Hoffman, Simon // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p7
Comments on the attendance of the International Contemporary Furniture Fair by British exhibitors in New York, New York. Reason for the participation of the exhibitors; Role of the British European Design Group in enjoining attendance; Furniture collections introduced by the designers.
- Top Drawer filled with ethnic looks. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p8
Presents several ethnic inspired furniture introduced at the Top Drawer Summer 2001 at the Earls Court of London, England. Mesh sofa by Mershman Design; Gothic look inspired candelabra, screen and mirror by Wallace Sacks Lifestyle; Indonesian furniture from importer Global Arthouse.
- Designer labels. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002 Supplement, p3
Describes various furniture design to be exhibited during the 2002 Young Designer Award. Range of materials used; Features and functionality; Overall quality.
- High Point proves a magnetic attraction. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p2
Highlights trends at the British furniture trade show held in High Point, North Carolina. Strong demand for lighter finishes and cabinet ranges with purer European lines; Popularity of stationary-looking furniture and retro designed products with chrome or pine plinths; Upholstery designs...
- Inspired by China Contemporary Furnituremakers Explore Chinese Traditions. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p11
The article offers information on Inspired by China, Contemporary Furnituremakers Explore Chinese Traditions, an exhibition of Chinese designed furniture presented at the Peabody Essex Museum from October 28, 2006 to March 4, 2007.