Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker
- Silentnight goes for gold. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p8
Focuses on Silentnight Holdings' takeover approach for Cornwell Parker and its implications for the British furniture industry. Market's speculation about what Silentnight would keep out from the Cornwell Parker portfolio; Silence of Cornwell Parker chief executive Bill Simpson about the...
- The best of both worlds? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p7
Focuses on the impact of the merger of Silentnight and Cornwell Parker on the furniture manufacturing sector consolidation in Great Britain. Establishment of Silentnight Holdings chief executive, Bill Simpson, as a significant person in the furniture manufacturing industry; Gaps filled by...
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2007, Issue 5545, p58
The article reports on the possible acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. The acquisition will strengthen the position of Silentnight as the largest furniture manufacturer in the country and will also combine the best known bed and furniture brands. The company...
- Silentnight deal cleared. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p2
Reports on the deal clearance issued by the Office of Fair Trading on the acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holding in Great Britain. Opposition of the Retailer Action Group to the deal; Opinion of Bill Simpson, Silentnight chief executive officer, on the issue.
- Cornwell Parker buys Stag brands. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;08/25/2000, Issue 5202, p2
Reports on Cornwell Parker's acquisition of the Sandringham, Stag Minstrel, Aspects and Stag Upholstery furniture brands in Great Britain. Cornwell's plans in developing the brands; Factories assigned to produce the brands.
- New north London site for Cornwell Parker. Barrett, Claer // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2003, Issue 5351, p5
Features the Cornwell Parker Cabinets in Enfield, England. History of the company; Number of employees and staff; Sales performance.
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p2
Reports on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 20, 1998. Ticket hotlines to contact for obtaining entry to furniture shows; Drop in share prices of Cornwell Parker; Relocation of Acclaim Upholstery.
- Cornwell Parker takeover being looked at by OFT. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p1
Reports on the possible conducting of investigations on Silentnight Holdings' acquisition of Cornwell Parker in Great Britain. Probable violation of merger provisions under the Fair Trading Act of 1973; Office of Fair Trading's invitation of comment on the acquisition.
- Allied holds on to gains despite store sale doubts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture retailers, suppliers and manufacturers in Great Britain as of November 23, 1998. Includes financial gains of Allied Carpets despite speculation about the sale of 27 stores to Carpetright; Increase in Magnet's operating profits; Financial losses...