Wireless Week 75
- BT, Vodaphone in talks to share high cost of 3G. Rohde, Laura // InfoWorld;04/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p75C
Reports on the deal between the Vodafone Group and British Telecommunications (BT) to share the cost of building third-generation networks. Amount expected to be raised by BT from the British financial community; Savings estimated to be earned by both companies from the deal; Licensing costs.
- Vodafone buys BT stakes in Japan, Spain. // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p30
Focuses on the acquisition of the stocks of the British Telecommunications company in Japan and Spain by Vodafone Group Plc. Advantages of the acquisition deal to both companies; Details on the deal.
- Telecoms stands its ground. // Utility Week;7/5/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the impact of the bankruptcy of WorldCom in the U.S. on telecommunication companies in Great Britain. British Telecommunications; Vodafone; Cable & Wireless.
- BT could bow out of Airtel bidding. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p61
Reports that Vodafone AirTouch PLC and British Telecommunications PLC are negotiating a resolution to their battle for control of Spain-based mobile provider Airtel.
- Vodafone AirTouch and BT compete for Airtel stake. // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p23
Reports on Vodafone AirTouch PLC and British Telecom's interest in acquiring a controlling interest in Spain's wireless operator Airtel. Banco Santander Central Hispano's plan to sell its stake in Airtel; Vodafone and British Telecom's stake in Airtel.
- British move into New Zealand markets. Bromby, Robin // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p20
Reports that Great Britain is emerging as a prominent player in the telecommunication industry in New Zealand. Withdrawal by American telecom companies from the market in favor of opportunities at home and elsewhere; Vodafone's purchase of New Zealand's cellular network from BellSouth NZ...
- The Shifting Balance of U.K.'s Global Operators. HAnluain, Daithi Ó // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p16
Focuses on the telecommunication companies Vodafone Group and British Telecommunications PLC (BT) in Great Britain. Factors which led to the debt situation of BT; Plan of Vodafone to expand its operations in the global wireless industry; Implications of the move of BT to sell its stake in...
- Oftel finds for Vodafone in spat with BT. // Utility Week;1/31/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the possibility for British Telecom (BT) company to sell fixed lines at reduced prices to Vodafone under draft proposals set out by Oftel. Implications of the proposal to mobile industry; Need for BT to provide links of base stations to fixed line network at cost-oriented prices.
- What now for multi-access offers? // Marketing (00253650);5/2/2002, p17
Focuses on the condition of internet portals in Great Britain. Decision of BT Wireless to rebrand the Genie portal; Preparations of Vivendi Universal SA and Vodafone Group PLC on the phase out of the joint venture portal Vizzavi; Establishment of a defunct portal by Telia AB.