Erasing The Paper Trail
- Cutting a path to the LAN. McConnell, Mike // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on local area networks (LAN). Challenges facing network managers; Publication of a report entitled `User Plans for High Performance LANs 199' by Infonetics Research.
- Tackling the p's and q's of LAN traffic. Sherman, Doug // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p33
Reports that local area network (LAN) switching has improved after the ratification of 8.02.1p as part of a revised 802.1D bridging standard. Definition of 802.1p; How the 802.1p traffic prioritization specification works; Number of classes defined by 802.1p. INSET: Nutter's network help desk.
- The PC corner. Qualls, John H. // Business Economics;Jan1995, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p69
Comments on technological developments in the field of business economics. Installation of local area network (LAN) and advanced software at the Saudi National Center for Financial and Economic Information in Saudi Arabia; Microsoft Word for Windows (WinWord 6.0); Reference for WinWord users.
- Wireless bridge links distant LANs. // T H E Journal;Mar96, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p40
Features OverLAN Wireless Bridge/IP Router which provides a wireless-link between two or more remote local area networks up to three miles apart. Speed; Installation features; Campus area network applications.
- Microwave Bridge enables full duplex. // T H E Journal;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p32
Reports that the OverLAN Microwave Bridge is a high bandwidth radio system capable of wirelessly transporting full-bandwidth LAN traffic at distances up to 10 miles.
- Local area networks. // Communications News;Jan1994, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p60
Presents developments in local area networks (LANs) regarding disaster planning, disaster prevention and associations. FileSafe 4000 tape backup saves dissertation; Communications Managers Association conference; Importance of disaster plan. INSET: Briefs (LAN developments)..
- Share the wealth! Chapel, H.; Nesary, M. // PC World;Jun88, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p134
Review of three multiuser databases for PCs: Advanced Revelation, Paradox 2.01 and R:base for DOS. Comparison of data protection features; Application development features and local area network performance; Installation; Access schemes. INSET: LAN data bases.;Executive summary (of each...
- LAN servers for less. Goodwin, M. // PC World;Jun88, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p126
You can still get top network performance without buying a dedicated (and expensive) network file server. How to use a less expensive 386 PC as a file server. Benchmark results from the National Test Software Testing Library; Configuration; Price. INSET: LAN Server Roundup.;Executive summary...
- Closer to the promised LAN? Burton, C. // PC World;Jun88, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p230
IBM, Novell and Microsoft differ in design and implementation when it comes to local area networks for the new OS/2 operating system, and this poses problems for potential users and developers. Lack of standardization; Discussion of each platform.