Wireless In Education: Fun, But Do Students Learn More?
- BVU SELECTS GATEWAY AS EXCLUSIVE MOBILE PC PROVIDER. // PC Business Products;Jul2000, p3
Reports the selection of Gateway Inc. as exclusive mobile personal computer provider by Buena Vista University (BVU) in Iowa. Provision of Gateway Solo 2550 notebook computers through the eBVyou program to students and faculty; Reason of BVU for selecting Gateway Inc.; Features of the notebook...
- A spring-cleaning tradition. // Presbyterians Today;Aug2011, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p8
The article offers information on the Buenafication Day participated by Buena Vista students of the Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, Iowa, in which students help service projects such as planting flowers and painting picnic tables.
- Ashok Subramanian Named Dean At Univ. of Arkansas B-School. // India -- West;1/22/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 10, pA26
No abstract available.
- Hazards of surgical training virtually eliminated. Decoster, Roy // All Hands;Jun96, Issue 950, p20
Reports on the use of virtual reality computer programs to teach surgery in the United States. Generation by Dr. Richard Rowe of the National Naval Medical Center of technology to generate virtual patients; Cost of computers capable of simulating surgery; Use of human body models.
- A follow-up on CD-ROM tax services. Warner, Paul D.; Smith, L. Murphy // CPA Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p72
Evaluates several CD-ROM-based tax services. Includes OnPoint by the Research Institute of America; CCH SmartTax; CCH Access; CCH Tax Assistant; Features; Online services; Applications.
- In home studios, artists turn high-tech. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p12
Features the importance of computers and its tools in art. Increasing number of cases of artists switching to computers for digital painting; Various cases of artists accepting the trend; Low cost of computers as the biggest factor of growing digital art; Negative ratings of the digital art.
- Art and computers: Is there room in the studio for both? Welter, C.H. // Design for Arts in Education;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the controversy over the use of computers in teaching art. Lack of software; Technology and visual grammar; Traditional pedagogical methods.
- DIGITAL PUBLISHING: Real-World ROI For CTP. Sandler, Kathy // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p37
Focuses on the benefits of using computer-to-plate (CTP) workflow. Tips in making the most of a CTP workflow; Reminder before making any technological investment or workflow; Importance of enforcing deadlines.
- Virtual Campus expands access to SIAST programs. Kimble, Ross // Saskatchewan Sage;Jan2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the Virtual Campus educational program of the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST) in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Initiation of SIAST on accredited online course; Goals of SIAST on the program; Opening of different courses offered by SIAST.