A Commissioner Under Glass: Furchtgott-Roth Agrees, Loudly
- Straight Shooter. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;09/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p26
Features Harold Furchtgott-Roth, commissioner of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Information on the 1998 United States Telephone Association national conference; His contribution to the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Views on the FCC and industrial competition and...
- GOP brouhaha over FCC swearing in. // Electronic Media;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p1
Reports that Harold Furchtgott-Roth and Michael Powell, two of the Federal Communication Commission's additional commissioners of the Grand Old Party (GOP), would not agree to be sworn in by Vice President, Al Gore. Comments by Ken Johnson, an aide to Republican Billy Tauzin.
- The beat goes on. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/08/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p90
Editorial. Focuses on Federal Communications Commission official Harold Furchtgott-Roth's stance on various broadcasting issues. Furchtgott-Roth's advocacy of deregulation; Defense of broadcasters' rights.
- Advocate of the Law. Bloomfield, Shirley // Rural Telecommunications;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p14
Features Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth of the United States Federal Communications Commission. His role in the implementation of Telecommunications Act of 1996; His views on competition and universal service in the telecommunication industry; Significance of his visit to New Mexico.
- What hath Furchtgott-Roth? McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;02/24/97, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p16
Profiles Harold Furchtgott-Roth, chief economist and the person endorsed to fill the US Federal Communications Commission seat previously held by Andrew Barrett. Career history; Accomplishments; Speculations over his position regarding broadcast ownership caps.
- The view from the front. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/24/97, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p90
Editorial. Comments about Harold Furchtgott-Roth, the odds-on favorite endorsed to replace Andrew Barrett's Republican seat on the US Federal Communications Commission. Concerns about his lack of support for electronic media; Knowledge about the regulatory issues affecting the industry.
- FCC's Furchtgott-Roth to go. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;02/01/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 44, p6
Reports on United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Commissioner Harold Furchgott-Roth's plans to leave the FCC as soon as his replacement is found. Furchgott-Roth's reputation in the agency; Number of commissioner seats vacant at the agency.
- Sources name new FCC front-runner. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;2/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p32
Reports that Harold Furchtgott-Roth has entered the race for the Republican vacancy on the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Current position held by Furchtgott-Roth; Other candidates for the position; View expressed by Billy Tauzin, a Republican from Louisiana.
- Congress to mediate FCC fight. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the United States Congress' mediation into a dispute within the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) involving Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth and Chairman William Kennard. Furchtgott-Roth's claims on how Kennard blocked his access to FCC staff; Response of legislators who...