Telus En Route To Traffic Data
- Nationwide Microwave Backbone Infrastructure for Canada. Mumford, Richard // Microwave Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p43
Reports on a contract awarded to Alcatel by TELUS Mobility to provide the national wireless carrier with a cross-Canada communications backbone infrastructure. Terms and significance of the contract; Reason for choosing the Alcatel solution.
- Canadian province to become ADSL hotbed. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;07/14/97, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p15
Reports that Telus Corporation which serves the Canadian province of Alberta announced that it would offer faster Internet access over its copper-line phone network in October, 1997 using Digital Subscriber Line technology. How residents would benefit from the service; How Telus would be ranked...
- Telus to use Nortel CDMA in Alberta. // RCR;10/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p61
Cites the plans of Telus Mobility of Calgary, Alberta, a subsidiary of Telus Corporation of Canada, to expand its cellular, paging and private radio systems business. Details on the expansion; Information on the company's network.
- RTS Teams with Traffic Station. // RCR;08/10/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p16
Reports on the formation of a strategic alliance between telecommunicaiton companies, RTS Wireless Incorporated and The Traffic Station Group L.L.C. Plans of the companies to provide real-time traffic reports to digital wireless phone and pager subscribers.
- SAMSUNG/TELUS DEBUT MUSIC-CAPABLE WIRELESS PHONE. // Tele-Service News;Jul2001, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p3
Announces that Uproar, a wireless phone with built-in downloadable music capabilities from Samsung and Telus Mobility, has been introduced in Canada.
- Telus suits up for battle. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/11/96, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p16
Discusses the image makeover of Telus Corp., Alberta's large telecommunications company. Disappearance of the names Alberta Government Telephones (AGT) and Edmonton Telephones (Ed Tel) in favor of the Telus brand name; Creation of a different Telus logo; Part of a campaign to rationalize...
- Telus sells notes. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p36
Reports on the senior notes issue sold by Telus Corp. on May 23, 2001 as part of a plan to raise fund in debt and equity. Value of the offering.
- Telus revenue up 21 percent. // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the corporate profit posted by Telus Corp. for the first quarter of 2001.
- Telus set to provide CDPD in Alberta. // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p20
Reports that telecommunications company Telus Mobility planned to offer Northern Telecom Limited's Cellular Digital Packet Data services to its customers in Alberta. Statement from David Miles, vice president of technology for Telus Mobility; Background information on Telus Mobility.