FunMail Tests Animated Messages On NTT DoCoMo's i-Mode System
- FunMail tests service on i-mode. // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p31
Announces the plan of FunMail Inc. to start the beta test for its wireless animated instant messaging service on Japanese wireless operator NTT DoCoMo's i-mode system.
- AOLi service launches in Japan. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p40
Reports that NTT DoCoMo Inc. and DoCoMo AOL Inc. announced the June 1, 2001 nationwide launch of AOLi in Japan, which gives i-mode users access to America Online e-mail. Vision of NTT and AOL for integrated Internet service across fixed line and wireline platforms; Cost of i-mode use.
- DoCoMo's Users Sign On To AOL. // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the availability of the AOLi service to NTT DoCoMo company subscribers in Japan effective June 1, 2001 which will enable the subscribers to read America Online e-mail messages on their handsets. Overview of the AOLi service agreement.
- Seven Gets Big Win With DoCoMo Deal. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the Business Interface for Web Access Network (BINWAN) service from NTT DoCoMo that allows its subscribers to wirelessly access corporate e-mail and other personal information using technology from Seven. Advantage of the service to Seven; Remarks from Seven CEO Bill Nguyen regarding...
- DoCoMo to launch international roaming. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on NTT DoCoMo Inc.'s launching of an international roaming service using the world's first PDC/IS-95 dual-mode phones with Korea's SK Telecom.
- the wireless Tsunami losing momentum? Rao, Madanmohan // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on the challenges faced by Japanese wireless Internet services provider NTT DoCoMo Inc., as it moves into third-generation and global expansion in 2002. Concerns on whether it can replicate its success in Japan, in other countries; Success of the i-mode wireless Internet service,...
- DoCoMo puts i-mode on hold. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the halting of NTT DoCoMo's wireless data service, i-mode. Problems with the service's software, firewall and network connections; Increase in the demand for wireless data; Increase in the number of the service's customers. INSET: Contents under pressure: 10,000 i-mode Web sites and...
- Lessons from Japan. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the third generation (3G) service called 'Freedom of Multimedia Access,' developed by NTT DoCoMo in Japan. Offering of the FOMA devices; Delivery of i-mode content and applications; Nature of the billing system. INSET: FOMA rollout in Japan..
- W-CDMA. Mollman, Steve // Wireless Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p10
Reports the launch of a third generation (3G) terminal network by DoCoMo in Japan. Competitions from KDDI and J-Phones; Market status of 3G handsets; Comparison of 3G network features of several companies.