The Shape Of Things To Come
- Free Gateways to Online Education. // T H E Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p50
Reports that America Online Inc. is offering a free online learning environment to schools in United States through AOL@SCHOOL. Product features; Installation requirements; Contact information.
- AOL makes small-screen move. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p18
Reports on America Online (AOL) Inc.'s launch of initiatives aimed at giving consumers access to Internet technology and AOL content on their television sets. Announcement of four separate technology deals with DirecTV, Hughest Network Systems, Network Computer and Philips Electronics; Features...
- Sneak Attack. Taylor, Catherine P. // Brandweek;11/8/99, Vol. 40 Issue 42, pIQ74
Focuses on AOL Instant Messenger from America Online Inc. that allows AOL members to chat in real time with other AOL members who currently were online. View of Microsoft on the product; Technology from Microsoft that could work with America Online's application.
- Andreessen: The next 50 years. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p58
Focuses on the priorities of Marc Andreessen as chief technology officer of America Online (AOL) Inc. Significance of the company's acquisition of browser developer Netscape Communications; Exploration of opportunities that may be created by the convergence of the Internet and television; AOL's...
- IETF seeks new IM options. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;05/29/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p15
Focuses on the decision of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to remove its plan for its instant messaging (IM) telecommunication standards after experiencing frustration from the lack of cooperation from America Online Inc. (AOL). Areas where AOL failed to extend its services; Refusal...
- More, More, More. Hogan, Mike // Entrepreneur;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the expansion of American Online Inc.'s Callways services in the U.S. Technological updates incorporated in the Internet telephony service; Features of the telecommunication systems; Other services.
- International plays take media firms to next level. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p22
Focuses on the international deals in mass media, entertainment, telecommunications and the Internet. Estimated worth of the deals for the first half of 2000; Impact of the merged America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc. on the global mass media market; Changes fuelling current deals; Sectors...
- AOL Enters VoIP Business With Partnerships In 40 U.S. Markets. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/18/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
This article reports on the entry of AOL to the Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) market in the U.S. as April 2005. AOL has entered the VoIP market with Internet phone service that will be available initially in 40 markets. The offering, made possible through partnerships with Level 3...
- Move It or Lose It, AOL. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p22
Focuses on how America Online Inc. (AOL) is contributing to the barriers to the establishment of a standard for instant messaging (IM). Problems encountered in the implementation of IM; Information on the IM and Presence Protocol; Options being considered by AOL.