B2B: Where The Real Money Flows
- Talking Instead Of Punching Tiny Little Keys. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p32
Reports on the Internet voice access and audio response service from Informio. Advantages of the Internet voice access; Cost of the service; Comments from Knox Bricken, analyst at the Yankee Group, on the voice/audio access to the Internet.
- The Bandwidth Game. Scott, Robert // Practical Accountant;Jul2001, Vol. 34 Issue 7, pSR-4
Focuses on the impact of wireless communication and the Internet on businesses in the United States. Predictions on the increased use of portable communication devices; Effects of Web-based technology on the functionality of software applications; Availability of bandwidth and access with T-1...
- Going Places? Hot Spots Let Web Follow You. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p1A
Focuses on the availability of wireless Internet services in different business establishments in California. Concept of the wireless hot spots; Details on businesses offering Internet access for free; Variation of hot spot service offerings in NBC building.
- the gadget cube. // Central Penn Business Journal;11/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p20
An excerpt related to the use of Wi-Fi by businesses from a Business Journal blog is presented.
- Wireless Internet isn't here yet--but it's coming. Edwards, Morris // Communications News;Jun98, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p90
Discusses the possibility that wireless Internet and other data services could be the media of choice for business in the future. Increasing number of mobile workers; Wireless carrier Ardis' ownership of the largest subscriber base in the United States as of June 1998; Emergence of other...
- Mobilize this! Albright, Brian // Frontline Solutions;May2000, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the business applications of wireless Internet technology. Uses of the technology in vertical markets; Mobile computing and wireless communication in warehousing and field service; Importance of cross-platform capabilities to vertical markets.
- Liberating the business Internet application. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;3/3/97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p17
Looks at issues concerning Internet access of business wireless computer networks in the United States. Intranet applications based on the Handheld Device Markup Language; Internet access through circuit-switched cellular; Impact of easy-to-use messaging services.
- Wireless Internet boosted by services rollout. // R&D Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p15
Presents a forecast on the growth of the wireless data and Internet market by 2006, according to Scottsdale, Arizona-based research firm In-Stat/MDR. Possible contribution of next-generation wireless communication services to the growth rate of the market; Potential competitive advantage of the...
- Burst, Lucent trial to offer increased data speeds. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p65
Focuses on the collaboration between Burst Wireless Inc. and Lucent Technologies Inc. in a trial of high-speed wireless Internet services in Washington. Use of spectrum in the 1.9 GegaHertz PCS frequency band in the trial; Efforts to acquire personal communications service spectrum for network...