StarCore's Trickle-down Effect
- Lucent, Motorola introduce new StarCore DSP. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p67
Introduces StarCore SC110 digital signal processor core, a product of the joint venture between Lucent Technologies Inc. and Motorola Inc. Design and features; Impact on consumers electronics and entry-level communications applications; Efforts to provide C complier capability in second and...
- Motorola, Lucent form DSP team. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;06/15/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2223, p1
Focuses on Motorola Inc. and Lucent Technologies Inc.'s formation of a joint development agreement for next-generation digital signal processor (DSP) technologies. Effort as part of Motorola's attempt to revitalize its DSP business; Benefits of the effort to both companies; Creation of a joint...
- Lucent, Motorola introduce DSP core. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the introduction of SC140 digital signal processor core by the Star-Core Technology Centre, a cooperative research and development venture between Lucent Technologies and Motorola Inc. Features and capabilities of the signal processor.
- Lucent, Motorola collaborate on DSP core. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p23
Reports on the announcement made by Lucent Technologies Inc. and Motorola Inc. through their StarCore Joint Design Center of the availability of a digital signal processor (DSP) core optimized for next-generation wireless systems. Background information on the StarCore Joint Design Center;...
- Star*Core's first joint DSP architecture previewed at forum. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;10/22/98, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p21
Features the Star*Core 400, a highly scalable digital-signal-processor architecture, created as a result of the joint DSP architecture development work between Lucent Technologies' Microelectronics Group and Motorola's Semiconductor Sector. Comparison with current types; Features and...
- Lucent, Motorola to codesign chip cores. Niccolai, James // InfoWorld;06/08/98, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p62
States that Lucent Technologies and Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector have joined forces on the development of digital signal processors (DSP), the chip used to power a range of devices including cellular phones and modems. Pact allowing the companies to share current and future DSP...
- 3G Chip Boosts Lucent, Motorola. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p22
Focuses on the StarCore SC140 digital signal processor (DSP) chip developed by Lucent and Motorola. Capabilities of the chip; Target markets of the MSC8101 chip from Motorola; Categories wherein the DSP core sets a standard.
- StarCore Goes Portable. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;09/18/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the entry of StarCore, the collaborative effort between Lucent Technologies and Motorola Inc., into the digital signal processor market. Launching of the company's SC110 core geared for communications infrastructure; Target customer of StarCore; Key attributes of the technology.
- Lucent premieres next-generation DSPs. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p36
Focuses on Lucent Technologies Inc.'s introduction of its StarPro digital signal processor.