A Record-breaking Olympics
- Motorola rivals throw ASTRO dirt over Sydney radio network deal. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the controversy over the use of Motorola proprietary trunked radio technology by several Australian government agencies. Selection of the system for the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games; Disadvantages of trunked radio technology.
- Telstra completes network for Olympics. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p45
Announces Telstra's completion of the telecommunications network for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games in New South Wales which includes capacity for thousands of mobile phones for media and officials.
- Homebush Bay: Olympic masterplan. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the masterplan for the site of the 27th Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Public transport-driven design.
- Olympics 2000. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p126
States that Sidney won the bid to host the Olympics 2000 because of rechecking and rethinking of the assumptions and estimates on the social and economic impact of the Olympic Games. Defeat by the Labor Party of the Liberal Party; Role of the Sydney Organising Committee of the Olympic Games;...
- Olympic achievement. Murray, Moss // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p51
Anticipates the Olympics Games in 2000, which will be held in Sydney, Australia. Reference to statistics from the International Meetings Association; Comments made by Debra Rustom, the manager of meetings, conventions and incentives for the Australian Tourist Commission.
- Summer Olympics 2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Summer Olympic Games in 1996. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Sydney promises to stage better Olympics than Atlanta. // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 178, p12
Reports on the plans of Australia's Olympic Committee in the staging of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Plans to address security and transportation problems; Olympic venues.
- How green are the Sydney Olympics? Digby, Bob // Geodate;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Looks at the possible effects of the 2000 Sydney Olympics on the area's economy, upon the people in Sydney and the environment. Economic cost of holding the Olympics; Proposal of holding the world's first `green' Olympics as the basis of Sydney's bid; Issues for the greening the Olympics;...