The Five-year Wireless Boom
- Cyber-security bill introduced in House. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p17
Focuses on the proposed legislation that would shield companies from antitrust and freedom of information laws in the United States. When the effort to protect critical infrastructures began; Comparison between the 2000 and 2001 cyber-security bill.
- Phone Incumbents Dial D.C. For Help. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p55
Reports the consultation of the local telephone industry with the legislators in Boca Raton, Florida. Problems contributed by the Federal Communications Commission on the industry; Lease of network at total element long run incremental cost rates by a competitor; Permission of automatic access...
- Icy feelings threaten media rules meltdown. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/25/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 25, p14
Focuses on the controversy related to the regulations limiting the power of big media and telecommunications companies in the U.S. Opposition faced by the Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell; Concerns caused due to the controversy.
- Lawmaker plans extensive bill for spectrum reform. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/9/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 47, p3
Reports the plan of senator Conrad Burns to introduce a comprehensive legislation for telecommunication industries. Government's management of the electromagnetic spectrum; Examination of the auction policy; Rates of media mergers.
- Baby Bell broadband bill divides lawmakers. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;04/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p61
Focuses on a legislation concerning telecommunication companies to compete with cable in the broadband arena in the United States. Division of lawmakers vote; Approval of the bill by the House subcommittee on telecommunications and the Internet; Arguments between Republicans and Democrats on...
- Cellphones and driving: legislation, hands-free devices, and safety tips. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;1/10/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p29
Reports the legislation prohibiting the holding of cellular phone while driving in the United States. Imposition of fines on subsequent violation; Education of people to take responsibility for using wireless telephone; Utilization on the variety of hands-free devices.
- Mexican Senate approves telecom reform. // Flare (Pakistan);7/15/2013, p78
The article reports on the move of the Mexican Senate to approve a legislation which will open the telecommunications industry in the country.
- Reach out, but not too far. Boerner, Robert D. // State Legislatures;May98, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p32
Discusses the implications of the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 on telecommunication companies in the United States. Goal of the act; Provisions of the Sections 253 and 251 of the act; How President Bill Clinton called the law; Competition brought about by the act among...
- Marketing & services. BRITT, PHILLIP J. // Telephony;01/11/99, Vol. 236 Issue 2, p30
Provides an outlook for competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC) in the United States. Challenges to local competition; Information on the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Things that must change before resellers can truly compete with CLEC.