FBI Backs Punchlist Suspension
- CTIA Stumps Against LNP. // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p11
Reports that the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) has lobbied against the implementation of the local number portability rules in the U.S. by November 2002. Reason behind the opposition of the CTIA with the regulations; Its claim on the U.S. Federal Communications...
- Telecommunications reform bill passes. Powell Jr., Arlyn S. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Apr96, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p62
Reports on the US Congress's passage of a telecommunication reform bill that will allow long-distance carriers, local telephone companies and cable television providers compete in each others' markets. Possible consequences of the legislation for long-distance, local phone and cable TV rates;...
- VENUE CHANGE COULD BACKFIRE ON CHALLENGERS OF FCC ORDER. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;9/22/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the decision of the government to award the multi-district appeal of the Triennial Review order of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th circuit. Policies in crucial decisions; Impact of the development on the operations of competitive...
- CTIA asks FCC to pre-empt local siting moratoria. Wayne, Debra // RCR;12/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p4
Reports that according to the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) in the United States, several siting moratoria have taken place or are pending since the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Details on the Act; Why the CTIA wants the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to...
- TIA Tries To Stem Tide Of Internet Regulation. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p16
Reports on the initiative of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) against Internet regulation in the United States. Remarks from TIA president Matthew Flanigan; Concerns about broadband legislation; Bills that would affect wireless and wireline carriers.
- TIA Supports Bipartisan Bill to Expand Telehealth Services to More Americans. // Telecom Standards;Jul2015, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on support of Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) for the Medicare Telehealth Parity Act of 2015 introduced by several U.S. Representatives including Mike Thompson, Peter Welch and Diane Black, aimed at expanding coverage of telehealth services under Medicare.
- Telecom players say they have been pushed out of wiretap talks. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p12
Reports that the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)has lodged a complaint with Attorney General Janet Reno, stating that they were excluded from negotiations regarding the implementation of the 1994 digital wiretap law. Why the TIA is perturbed about its exclusion; Reference to the...
- SC issues notices to PTA, USF, MoIT in 3G technology case. // Flare (Pakistan);7/15/2013, p75
The article reports on the move of the Supreme Court in Pakistan to issue notices to management of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), Universal Services Fund (USF), and Ministry of Information Technology (MoIT) for the reply for the introduction of 3G technology in telecommunication.
- TIA extends its global presence. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the expansion of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA). Establishment of standards development organization for telecommunications; Presentation of the growth of international telecommunications spending; Partnership with Inter-American Telecommunications Commission.