Teledesic Replacing Motorola
- Satcom Market Buffeted By Economic Uncertainties. Caceres, Marco Antonio // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/11/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p143
Details the status of the commercial communications satellites sector. Effects of the Asian economic crisis to the sector; Major multisatellite programs introduced in 1998; Merger between the Celestri program of Motorola and Teledesic.
- $13-billion Satcom system proposed. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/23/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 26, p66
Presents information on the Celestri communication satellite system planned by Motorola Corp. to compete directly with the satellite system being developed by Teledesic Company. Key features of both systems; Comments from representatives of both companies; Expected costs; Licensing information.
- Motorola begins to work on Teledesic design requirements. Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;Jun98, Vol. 148 Issue 22, p25
Reports that Motorola plans to build another spacecraft manufacturing facility. Efforts to support the construction of the planned satellite constellation; Impact on the Teledesic global broadband communications system; Motorola being Teledesic's prime contractor; Production rate of Motorola;...
- Motorola Jumps Out of Teledesic Deal. Gohring, Nancy // Inter@ctive Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p12
Reports on the decision of Motorola and Teledesic to end their satellite systems contract. Changes made by Teledesic; Background on Motorola's activity in the satellite sector. INSET: Motorola, Teledesic: Abort Mission.
- 1998: A snapshot view. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Dec98, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p26
Looks at the events in satellite communication industry in 1998. Includes Teledesic LLC and Motorola Inc.'s work on a mutual goal; Cooperation between Alcatel and Loral in he Europe*Star project; Fresh financing arranged by ICO Global Communications; Setbacks suffered by Globalstar.
- Teledesic team taking shape. Mason, Charles // America's Network;06/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p54
Reports that Teledesic LLC and Motorola Inc. are proceeding with their plan to become partners in the development and deployment of Teledesic's global, broadband satellite communications system. Motorola as prime contractor of Iridium LLC's global wireless personal communications network;...
- Uplink. // Satellite Communications;Jul98, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on an agreement between Kirkland, Washington-based Teledesic Corp. and Motorola Inc. Motorola's plan to invest in the Teledesic's satellite communications project; Teledesic's goal of providing high-speed data capacity to customers around the world; Construction of a commercial...
- Teledesic reports Lockheed Martin, Motorola agreements. // RCR;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p5
Cites Teledesic LLC's completion of a major launch contract with Lockheed Martin and signing of a system agreement with Motorola Inc. to build Teledesic's satellite communications network. Terms of Teledesic's contract with each company.
- Teledesic is not alone in space. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;3/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p15
Focuses on the effects of the alliance between Microsoft's Bill Gates and McCaw Cellular Communications' Craig McCaw on global satellite communications. Offer by Teledesic Corp. of interactive voice, data and video services; Plans by Iridium to launch a commercial global satellite...