Mapping Out The Future
- The Allure of Nextel. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;10/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Deals with the speculation about a possible merger between telecommunication companies AT&T Wireless and Nextel. Indisputable issues that surround the merger; Details on Nextel's acquisition agreement with Chadmore Wireless; Factor that makes Nextel attractive; Outlook of a merger between the...
- Communications News. // Communications News;May2000, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p8
Presents update on the telecommunication industry as of May 2000. Purpose of the collaboration deals between AT&T Wireless Services, British Telecom and Microsoft; Total value of United States telecommunication equipment exports in 1999; Scope of the multiterabit cable system plans of Alcatel...
- BT, AT&T, Microsoft partner for mobile data applications. Bruno, Antony // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the partnership of British Telecommunications PLC, AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Microsoft Corp. to provide mobile data applications. Creation of high-speed data applications for mobile devices; Terms of agreement.
- Going Global: AWS And BT. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the alliance between AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) of the United States and BT Wireless of Great Britain to develop services for global travelers and multinational enterprises. Advanced service platform of the alliance; Main objective in the creation of the WorldConnect global roaming...
- AT&T, BT deploy Ericsson gateway. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p32
Reports the deployment of Ericsson's Mobility Gateway as a foundation for the WorldConnect service of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and BT Wireless in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Network Upgrades At AWS. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p35
Reports on the network upgrades at AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) as of October 4, 1999. Remarks from Jordan Roderick, executive vice president of wireless technology and products at AWS; Alliance between AWS and British Telecommunications PLC; Goal of the alliance.
- AT&T, BT prepare to roll out WorldConnect. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p16
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and BT Wireless' announcement of the first phase of their strategic alliance designed to create seamless mobile communications services worldwide for global travelers and multinational companies.
- Carriers' Strategies Paying Off. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p3
Reports the financial performance of wireless carriers in the U.S. in 2001. Nextel Communications Inc.; Leap Wireless International Inc.; AT&T Wireless.
- Communications briefs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/01/99, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p31
Presents news briefs related to the telecommunication industry as of November 1, 1999. Includes AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s sale of Nokia AG's 8800 chrome-phone series; Nextel Communications Inc.'s additional subscribers in the third quarter; PageMart Inc.'s plans to change its name following...