SEC's Mixter Becomes Partner at Law Firm
- Morgan Lewis names Wallace as new chief. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the appointment of lawyer Peter Wallace as managing partner in the London, England office of Morgan Lewis & Bockius as of March 2002. Rationale for his appointment; Statement of Wallace about his responsibilities; Predecessor of Wallace.
- United States : Morgan Lewis Adds Top Securities Litigation and Enforcement Lawyer Amy Greer: Move Enhances White Collar and Investment Management Client Services. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article announces the appointment of Amy Greer as a partner at law firm Morgan Lewis.
- City Central. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p22
Reports that Les Girard, assistant district attorney of San Diego, California, has announced plans to resign. Girard's claim that his resignation is not related to the controversy over pension and audit problems in his office.
- Greensboro City Attorney Resigns Over Museum Loan. // India -- West;3/7/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 16, pA32
The article announces the resignation of Mujeeb Shah-Khan, the city attorney in Greensboro, North Carolina, on February 21, 2014.
- Making it Rain: Practical Tips From Those Who Do. BOUTWELL, SHERRIE // Law Practice Today;Apr2015, p9
An interview with Jami Wintz McKeon, chair and partner of global law firm Morgan, Lewis and Bockius LLP, is presented. McKeon discusses three tips for a lawyer to be successful in his/her practice including understanding that client relationships are like personal relationships, how she got her...
- People Moves of the Week: GI Partners, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, PwC. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/20/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p4
The article announces executives and partners who are appointed or hired as of October 20, 2014 which include Laila Tarraf as head of human resources at GI Partners, Mark Krotoski as litigation partner at Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, and Laura Hardin as managing director at Alvarez & Marsal.
- Morgan Lewis chair Jami McKeon: what really happened with Bingham. Bernal, Natasha // Lawyer (Online Edition);1/9/2015, p9
The article presents the opinion of Jami McKeon, chairman of American multinational law firm Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP over the company's hiring of hundreds of partners from its rival Bingham McCutchen LLP in 2014 after months of talks. She notes the absence of grand plan on whether the deal...
- US trio digs deep for BHP Petrohawk buy. // Lawyer;8/1/2011, p9
The article discusses the roles of U.S. law firms Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, and Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in the BHP Billiton mining company's multi-billion dollar purchase of the Petrohawk Energy Corp. in 2011. It states that several attorneys are acting as...
- A Prosecutor's Duty. Hansen, Mark // ABA Journal;Jun92, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the resignation of Mary Brigid Kenney from her position as the Assistant Attorney General of Illinois. Ethical grounds for Kenney's resignation; Personal reasons behind Kenney's resignation; Policy implications on the practice of law.