- Philadelphia OKs Lease Between Teams and Development Authority. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p1
Reports on the Philadelphia City Council's approval of the stadium lease agreements between the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development and the city's football and baseball teams, the Eagles and Phillies. Estimated cost for the stadium project; Council's introduction of a capital...
- ARIZONA: Capital Plan Is No Mirage. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33737, p9
The article informs about the adoption of 43.5 million U.S. dollar capital improvement plan for the fiscal year 2013 by the city council of El Mirage, Arizona.
- Wichita OKs Capital Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/13/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33678, p9
The article reports on the move of the city council of Wichita, Kansas to adopt a 10-year capital improvement plan amounting 2.4 billion dollars, which will be financed in part with 304 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bonds.
- Scots win budget flexibility. Watts, David // Public Finance;05/19/2000, p12
Reports that the Scottish Executive will extend year-end capital spending flexibility rules to enable councils to carry forward underspending on their programs. Goal of allowing councils to plan their services on a long-term basis; Efforts of finance minister Jack McConnell to introduce a bid...
- Aldermen to consider street improvement project. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;4/3/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 14, pA1
The article reports that the Board of Aldermen of the city of St. Louis, Missouri will vote on April 8, 2013 of whether to approve the recommendation of the city's Public Infrastructure Investment Task Force on the allocation of reserves for capital improvement project.
- Oldham faces new riot threat. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p17
Reports on the reaction of the Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council to a working paper on public finances released on October 2003 in England. Warning posed to the council of the possible racial disturbances within the area; Identification of areas of consideration which Oldham is facing;...
- Welsh Affairs Select Committee to investigate Denbighshire. // Public Finance;02/26/99, p11
Reports that the Welsh Affairs Select Committee at the House of Commons plans to examine the financial affairs of the city council in Denbighshire, Wales. Debt resulting from a reorganization by the former Rhuddlan Borough Council; Proposal to set date for an oral hearing if warranted.
- Mancunian councils prepare to join forces. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;07/23/99, p9
Reports on Manchester, England, councils' plan to join forces in bringing together financial services across 13 authorities. Study conducted on the feasibility of the joint provision of a range of services; Benefits expected from the partnership.
- ARIZONA: Phoenix Cuts, Lays Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports on the approval of a budget-balancing plan by Phoenix, Arizona City Council for fiscal 2011, which calls for 64 million dollars in reduced spending and the elimination of 520 city positions.