Lawyer: E-SIGN Act Could Preempt State Laws
- Electronic Commerce Bill Complex issues still to be solved. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the enactment of the Electronic Commerce Bill in Ireland. Provisions related to electronic commerce; Contact information.
- House Votes to Accept Electronic Signatures. // Human Events;11/26/99, Vol. 55 Issue 44, p30
Features a bill designed to promote electronic commerce and establish a common standard for the use of electronic signatures in the United States. Arguments from the opponents of the bill.
- FEDS SIGN OFF ON E-SIGNATURES. Berinato, Scott // eWeek;05/29/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on a legislative proposal affecting electronic commerce transactions and operations in the United States. Goal to make electronic signatures as legally binding and signatures on paper documents; Standards proposed by the legislation. INSET: Security services abound..
- EC in u-turn over cross-border law. Simons, Mike // Computer Weekly;5/9/2002, p8
Reports the electronic-commerce directive of the European Commission. Controversy of the Rome II law concerning cross-border dispute; Concerns of the Internet and publishing industry on the legislation; Schedule for the consultation process.
- Legislature Enacts e-Commerce Bill Making Records, Signatures, Equivalent of Written Counterparts. // Insurance Advocate;05/19/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p20
Reports that the West Virginia legislature has adopted an e-Commerce bill which makes electronic records and signatures the equivalent of their written counterpart. Benefit of bomb shelter provision of the bill; Criticism on the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act.
- Multistate Taxation. Derito, Douglas J.; Santos, W. Carter; Holyfield, Shon // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the taxation of the Internet and electronic commerce in the U.S. as of November 1999. Information on the Senate Bill 1433 introduced by Senator Fritz Hollings to the Senate on July 26, 1999; Provisions under the Senate Bill 1583 approved by Hawaiian lawmakers; Details of the Internet...
- New Economy gets mixed support. Irwin, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;03/13/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the 44th session of the Arizona Legislature and its New Economy agenda in 2000. Introduction of laws recognizing electronic commerce practices; Funding to promote the state's industrial clusters; Lack of support for bills designed to encourage technology training and offer tax...
- Legislature Passes e-Commerce And Commercial Deregulation Bills During 2000 Session. // Insurance Advocate;04/29/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 18, p13
Reports that the Maryland legislature passed several bills regarding insurance issues. E-commerce legislation; Bill regarding regulatory modernization; Injured Workers' Insurance Fund reform bill.
- Law needs flexibility. Rapoza, Jim; MacKenna, John // eWeek;06/26/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p107
Focuses on the bill that legalizes the use of online signatures in business transactions in the United States. Tendency for the US government to specify use of a particular standard.