Public-Private Partners Give San Francisco Museum a Home
- ARTS. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/6/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p13A
The article reports that Harrison Center for the Arts' City Gallery has been awarded with a grant by ArtPlace, a national public-private collaboration which supports creative placemaking in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Funding ended for West Brom gallery. // Regeneration & Renewal;2/2/2009, p2
The article reports that the revenue funding of The Public art gallery in West Bromwich, Black Country, has been stopped since it remains closed despite its due to open to paying visitors in June 2008 in England. The Arts Council England (ACE), being the one which funds the gallery for...
- Lottery blow to Manchester museum. de Castella, Tom // Building Design;2/1/2008, Issue 1804, p6
The article reports on developments concerning Manchester, England's attempt to create its own equivalent of a Guggenheim museum as part of an effort to attract visitors. The project failed in the last round of Heritage Lottery funding before the grant program is slashed to pay for the Olympics....
- Sydney Museum Secures Long - Awaited Funds. Young, Michael // ArtAsiaPacific;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 69, p35
The article reports on the 10.9 million U.S. dollars grant approved by the Australian federal government that will green-light the embattled suggested expansion to the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) on historic Circular Quay in Sydney, New South Wales in 2010.
- Museum News. // Art in America;Apr2003, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p158
Presents news concerning art museums in the United States as of April 2003. Amount received by the High Museum of Art from John and Sue Wieland in support of the museum's expansion program; Selection of architect Zaha Hadid as designer of the addition to the Price Tower Arts Center.
- What am I? // Accountancy;Aug1998, Vol. 122 Issue 1260, p18
Reports on the grants received by three galleries in Liverpool, England aimed at reviving the city as a cultural destination. International reputation of the museums and art galleries in the area for the quality of their research and publications; Other funding sources for the development projects.
- The cost of culture. Bagnall, Diana // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/8/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6367, p74
This article focuses on efforts made to upkeep Australian culture. Teams of high-level financial bureaucrats are reviewing all 15 of the cultural institutions in the federal arts portfolio, including the National Library, the National Museum and the National Gallery. For several months now the...
- Stained Glass Museum's Appeal Reaches Â£1/2 Million. // Stained Glass: Quarterly of the Stained Glass Association of Ame;Spring99, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on Â£1/2 million raised by the Stained Glass Museum for the restoration of its two galleries in Ely Cathedral in Cambridgeshire, England. The Heritage Lottery Fund grant of Â£410,000 was reduced to the half-million mark. The fund still needs Â£120,000 to start work....
- The Detroit Scene. Getlein, Frank // New Republic;7/16/66, Vol. 155 Issue 2/3, p35
Offers a look at the expansion of the Art Institute of Detroit in Michigan as of July 16, 1966. Source of money for the expansion; Value of the grant intended for the project; Features of the new wing; Famous art works that can be found in the museums of Detroit.