PERCEIVED SUSCEPTIBILITY TO DIABETES AND ATTITUDES TOWARDS PREVENTING DIABETES AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS AT A LARGE MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITY
- THE EFFECT OF OUTDOOR EXPERIENTIAL PROGRAMS UPON ENVIRONMENTAL BELIEFS: DO THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Ewert, Alan // Research in Outdoor Education;2004, Vol. 7, p32
The article discusses a study conducted to determine the impact of a semester-long, outdoor leadership course upon the environmental beliefs and attitudes of college students doing outdoor courses and non-outdoor education students. The study was divided in a three-phase data collection and...
- Effect of Personal Financial Knowledge on College Students' Credit Card Behavior. Robb, Cliff A.; Sharpe, Deanna L. // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p25
Analysis of survey data collected from 6,520 students at a large Midwestern University affirmed that financial knowledge is a significant factor in the credit card decisions of college students but not entirely in expected ways. Results of a double hurdle analysis indicated that students with...
- Reasons for Low Pandemic H1N1 2009 Vaccine Acceptance within a College Sample. Ravert, Russell D.; Fu, Linda Y.; Zimet, Gregory D. // Advances in Preventive Medicine;2012, p1
This study examined health beliefs associated with novel influenza A (H1N1) immunization among US college undergraduates during the 2009-2010 pandemic. Undergraduates (ages 18-24 years) from a large Midwestern University were invited to complete an online survey during March, 2010, five months...
- Midwestern University unveils plans for new optometry school. // Optometry Times;Aug2014, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the plan of Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois to open a new optometry school which will enroll 50 students per year.
- Midwestern University clinic adds pediatric care. // CDS Review;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p26
A blog post regarding the addition of pediatric dental care, including exams, cleaning, and tooth restoration, for children from age five and up at Midwestern University's Dental Institute is presented.
- Columbia increased Chicago-area strength. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;10/9/95, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p8
Reports on Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.'s acquisition of Chicago Osteopathic Hospital and Medical Center and Olympia Fields Hospital and Medical Center from Midwestern University. Columbia's signing of an affiliation agreement with Midwest Physician Group; Number of Chicago-area hospitals owned...
- The Midwestern approach. // CDS Review;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p9
The article focuses on the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine and mentions topics including the admissions process, emphasis on patient-centered care, and preparing students for general dentistry practice.
- CommunityHealth Honors Senator Jeff Schoenberg and Midwestern University for Dedication to Health Care. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article announces that Illinois' largest free clinic CommunityHealth is going to honor Senator Jeff Schoenberg and the Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois for there commitments to improve healthcare in Illinois.
- Authentic Assessment of Experiential Learning in Sport Sales. Pierce, David; Petersen, Jeffery; Meadows, Bradley // Sport Marketing Quarterly;Jun2011, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p75
This study assessed the effect of an experiential, client-based sport sales course where 44 undergraduate sport management students at a Midwestern university completed a quasi-experimental nonequivalent control group research design. The 24 students in the experimental (enrolled) group...