CORRELATES OF RISKY WEIGHT-CONTROL BEHAVIORS IN ADOLESCENTS
- Weight Loss Practices of College Wrestlers. Oppliger, Robert A.; Nelson Steen, Suzanne A.; Scott, James R. // International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p29
Investigates the weight management behaviors of collegiate wrestlers after the implementation of revised weight control rules by the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Primary method of weight loss; Physical characteristics and performance history among college wrestlers; Use of diet...
- DO'S AND DON'TS OF wedding weight loss. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);11/1/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 44, p64
Offers tips on losing weight for women who are getting married. Importance of planning weight loss according to dietitian Kathleen Zelman; Disadvantages of laxatives, crash diets and weight loss pills; Information on several lifestyle changes to lose weight.
- There's still time to trim for swim season! Layne, Mark // Echo Magazine;5/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p38
Offers tips on reducing weight. Use of mustard or lemon pepper as an alternative to salt; Ideal workout regime for weight reduction; Replacement of sweetened alcoholic beverages with basic blends; Advantages of getting a suntan.
- Diet Doomed by Drink. Stieg, Bill // Men's Health;Jun2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p46
Addresses a question on the disadvantage of drinking beer while on a diet.
- Shortcuts to a slimmer you. McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Jul2005, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p73
Reports on three steps to take to help lose weight. Eating breakfast at an earlier time in the morning; Importance of drinking alcohol in moderation; Switching to a vegetarian diet.
- "HOW DO I DROP POUNDS FAST?". MASTERS, MARIA; FETTERS, K. ALEISHA // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p94
The article presents questions and answers related to weight loss, including how many calories from beer that can be consumed in a day, a better way to lose weight with replacement meals, and how to prevent sugar cravings.
- diet. Burrell, Susie // Good Health & Medicine;Dec2008, p24
The article covers topics related to diet. It states that watermelon release energy more quickly into the bloodstream than low-GI fruits like plums and apricots. U.S. researchers say that eating slowly may help an individual lose weight. It offers tips for keeping salads healthy, and how to...
- Arlene's advice. Normand, Arlene // NW;3/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p53
Offers a couple of tips for heathy eating. Health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables; Factors to consider in drinking wine to lose weight.
- RIRI'S DANGEROUS BOOZE DIET! // NW;1/6/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p26
The article reports that singer Rihanna has increased her intake of alcohol to lose weight. It states that majority of her diet consists of wine, beer and tequila. A source reveals that she eats only one meal a day and can control hunger. It highlights that though her family and friends are...