Where Next For The Dong?
- Currency. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/8/2004, Issue 1739, p87
This article presents a chart on foreign exchange rates.
- The Behavior of Professional Risk-Bearers: Test of a Theory. Van Belle, John J. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);May75, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p253
The article comments on the behavior of professional risk-bearers in the foreign exchange market and uses the report by Jerome Stein, "The Nature and Efficiency of the Foreign Exchange Market," to develop a model of the idealized market participants. As opposed to most economists who developed...
- Composite Foreign Exchange Risk. Gull, Don S. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall75, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p51
Foreign exchange exposure management has become increasingly important to companies operating internationally due to a series of recent exchange crises. Sizable fortunes have been made and lost due to the whimsical nature of the foreign exchange markets. Traditionally, corporate financial...
- UYU: Moderate Strength Ahead. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;May2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the appreciation of the Uruguayan peso (UYU) against the U.S. dollar. Information on the appreciatory trend of the UYU is offered wherein it has strengthened to UYU 19.50/U.S. dollar. A slower pace is expected in 2012 due to the strong resistance in the UYU 18.000/U.S....
- Colombia: COP Eyes Target. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the appreciation of the Colombian peso in the foreign exchange market as of December 20, 2004. Result of the trading for the Colombian peso; Forecast on the medium-term upside target of the Colombian peso; Details of the foreign exchange policy of Colombia for its currency trade.
- Let's Get Flexible. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/10/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Predicts the performance of the foreign exchange market of Costa Rica. Plan of the Banco Central de Costa Rica to implement an inflation-targeting regime; Core view on the economic indicators of Costa Rica; Risks to the positive outlook.
- The Dollar Will Fall Further. Feldstein, Martin // International Economy;Spring2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the present situation of the U.S. dollar. According to the author, the country does not have any dollar policy and the government is not involved in the foreign exchange market of the country. He adds that secretaries of the U.S. Treasury believed that the country will...
- Is Foreign Exchange Market Intervention an Alternative to Monetary Policy? Evidence from Japan. // NBER Reporter;Spring2003 Supplement, p17
Presents a summary of the study 'Is Foreign Exchange Market Intervention an Alternative to Monetary Policy? Evidence From Japan,' by Rasmus Fatum and Michael Hutchison, presented at a conference sponsored by the National Bureau of Economic Research in Japan, held in September 2002.
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p19
Presents statistics related to the foreign exchange market as of April 2005.