VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- Land dispute threatens Vatican-Vietnamese ties. O'Connell, Gerard // Our Sunday Visitor;10/12/2008, Vol. 97 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on instances of tension between the Catholic Church and Vietnam's communist government. Cited are incidents involving the Redemptorist-run Thai Ha parish where police injured 50 and arrested 10 Catholic protesters, and the Hanoi archbishop's residence. Government stand is...
- Leader Biography. // Vietnam Country Review;2011, p51
A biography of Vietnam's Prime Minister of Nguyen Tan Dung is presented.
- Vietnam. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2012, p1
This publication offers information about economic and political conditions in Vietnam as of October 2011. It also presents a five-year economic and political forecasts for the country, which covers risk to international business, regime changes and demographics such as real gross domestic...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2012, p3
The article discusses an economic and political forecast for Vietnam from 2012 to 2015. It discusses risk to international businesses, political conditions and economic indicators, including real gross domestic product (GDP) growth, inflation and current account. One of the focus of Prime...
- Leader Biography. // Vietnam Country Review;2010, p34
The article discusses the achievements and political leadership of Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung.
- Procurement contract signed for refinery. // Chemical Business;Feb2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p68
The article reports on the engineering, procurement and construction contract signed by Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung for the Nghi Son Complex in Thanh Hoa Province.
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article presents news briefs focusing on Vietnam. Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung, on his speech at the 12th ASEAN summit in the Philippines, suggested for a faster regional assimilation and stated his yearning to have an ASEAN charter that will harmonize national and regional interests....
- Talk Of Controls Does Not Dampen Confidence. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the impact of the talks about stock market control on investors' confidence in Vietnamese equities. It states that the remarkable growth of Viet Nam Index (VNI) has led to a worrying period of speculation because of the predicted implementation of capital controls in the...
- Hanoi Moves To Boost Regional Ties. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p4
The article discusses the move of Hanoi towards the economic stability and development in Vietnam. According to the article, Hanoi emphasizes its priority over the importance of regional trade and relations with countries including Indonesia, Philippines and Myanmar. An overview on the regional...