- 'Don't let tragedy happen again' Gill, Rob; Griffiths, Sophie // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/7/2010, Issue 2911, p4
The article reports on the plans made by the travel industry to promote a campaign that for safety standards in Europe.
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses issues related to political and economic risks in Thailand as of January 2007. Martial law will be lifted in 41 of Thailand's 76 provinces to help improve the country's image abroad and to boost the tourist industry. The Bank of Thailand is switching its policy interest...
- Banking Sector Concerns Unwarranted. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p3
The article presents an economic forecast for Thailand for 2011. It states that demand for corporate and consumer loans improved due to a strong economic recovery in 2010 and a potential rise in non-performing loans (NPL) that undermine the country's banking system with risk management...
- The middle way. Lintner, Bertil // FinanceAsia;Jun2011, p62
The article focuses on business strategies of Kasikornbank PLC, a commercial bank in Thailand led by Chief Executive Officer Banthoon Lamsam. It informs that Kasikornbank maintains a balance between conservative risk management and customer acquisition strategy. It discusses the factors such as...
- THE ROLE OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT IN THE TOURISM UNIT'S RISK MANAGEMENT PROCESS. RĂVAŞ, BOGDAN // Annals of the University of Petrosani Economics;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p215
Management plans, organizes, and directs the performance of sufficient actions to provide reasonable assurance that objectives and goals will be achieved. Management periodically reviews its objectives and goals and modifies its processes to accommodate changes in internal and external...
- New Zealand. // AirGuide Online.com;9/28/2009, p25
The article reports on the shut down of unsafe adventure tourism in New Zealand. It is stated that the country's government has reviewed risk management and safety practices of its tourism industries. It emphasizes that adventure tourism in the country is a growing market, and considered as a...
- Bank Of Thailand Acts On Inflation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the measures taken by the Bank of Thailand to counteract inflation. Overview of the economic condition in Thailand as of June 2005; Factors that contributed to the country's reduced tourism inflows; Alternative ways considered by the government to address the issue.
- Managing business risk. Young, Rod // Travel Trade;3/22/2006, p9
The article focuses on the declining rates of franchising in the business tourism of Australia. Jenny Buchan's report shows that, statistically small number of franchiser failures over the last 15 years. Franchised businesses are on average still less likely to fail and are more profitable than...
- Tourists trust operators to assess risks. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/29/2005, Issue 2676, p8
Reports on the need for risk assessment in tour operators in high-risk areas in Great Britain.