OUR HR COLUMNIST
- How Tender Greens Turns Top Chefs Into Fast-Food Cooks. ALSEVER, JENNIFER // Inc.;Mar2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the success of Tender Greens, a series of restaurants offering fresh organic dishes, owned by chefs David Dressler, Erik Oberholtzer, and Matt Lyman. It states that the business strategy used by the three men led Tender Greens to grow into 12 restaurants earning an...
- Managing talent is top global HRM challenge. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;May2008, p10
The article discusses the survey "Creating People Advantage: How to Address HR Challenges Worldwide Through 2015," which examined the priorities for human resources management worldwide over the next seven years. The survey was commissioned by the Boston Consulting Group Inc. (BCG) and the World...
- Business. Busy-ness. Coincidence? Kindig, Christopher // Communities;Summer2014, Issue 163, p10
The article focuses on work/life balance issues and ways to improve and recast relationships to money. Topics discussed include alternatives that help reducing reliance on money including skill sharing, self-sufficiency, and ridesharing, how entrepreneurship can be used for positive social...
- Andrew Salzbrun. BRANDT, ALYSSA // Cincinnati Magazine;Nov2015, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p36
The article presents an interview with managing partner Andrew Salzbrun of Agar, who discusses the importance of work-life balance, the economic benefits of attending a retail buyer's show and shares his sartorial strategy in fashion.
- Don't freak out. Ramsey, Dave // Wilson County News;9/23/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 38, p4A
The article presents questions and answers including how parents could effectively manage business while taking good care of their child, and how to manage time to perform well in school and at work.
- What is the appropriate business continuity management staff size? Walch, Damian; Merante, Jason // Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning;Mar2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p240
This paper explores the question 'how many professionals does it take to build a resilient enterprise?' The paper describes the various segments of a comprehensive business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management programme and then delves into the variables that determine the...
- Three ways to improve work-life balance. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p17
The article mentions three ways employers can improve their work-life balance practices which will help companies attract and retain staff.
- TROUBLESHOOTER. // People Management;2/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p72
The article provides answers to a question of how a management can balance the needs of a key member of its staff who has been diagnosed with cancer with that of the business.
- Work-life Balance Decision-making of Norwegia Students: Implications for Human Resources Management. Gawlik, Remigiusz; Jacobsen, Gorm // Entrepreneurial Business & Economics Review;2016, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p153
Objective: The paper aims at identifying and assessing the significance of work-life balance determinants between the Youth of highly developed societies and its implications for human resources management on the example of Norway. Research Design & Methods: The research target group consists of...