Apprentices' equivalent of Ucas is on its way
- House of Lords. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;5/12/2014, Issue 111, p8
The article reports on the response of Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon to questions concerning the percentage of apprentices entering into employment and the creation of a kitemark scheme for apprenticeship programmes.
- How brands are hiring apprentices. Cuddeford-Jones, Morag // Marketing Week;4/3/2014, p2
The article discusses trends in the hiring of apprentices at marketing organizations in Great Britain as of April 2014. Topics include National Apprenticeship Week, apprenticeships as a means of recruiting talent, differences between interns and apprentices, the training of apprentices, and the...
- New Job Opportunities Come with the Opening of New Apprentice School. // La Prensa San Diego;8/20/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p3
The article reports on the opening of the Southwest Regional Apprentice School at Naval Air Station in North Island in San Diego, California on August 11, 2010 which would offer more job opportunities and partnership.
- Thousands of new jobs and apprenticeships in Leicestershire. // Basic Skills Bulletin;4/14/2014, Issue 155, p7
The article reports on the increase of apprenticeship programs and employment opportunities in Leicester and Leicestershire City Deal in England in 2014.
- Creative Recruiting in Southern Ohio. Thrall, Terese Hudson // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2005, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the approaches adopted by Greater Cincinnati Health Council in recruiting nurses for hospitals in Ohio. Overall vacancy rate for registered nurses in the state from December 31, 2003 to June 30, 2004; Innovative programs developed by hospitals to entice workers into nursing; Methods...
- Advanced apprentices to qualify for university entry. Hope, Katie // People Management;1/12/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the decision of the British Learning and Skills Council (LSC) to grant Universities & Colleges Admissions Service points to people on advance apprenticeships to make them eligible for university entry from 2008. LSC director of work-based learning Stephen Gardner comments...
- Employers pick home-grown skills. // Personnel Today;Jun2004 Supp Recruitment, p20
The article reports that the majority of employers prefer to enhance skills of their existing workforce through training and development rather than hire recruits who are already trained. The most recent hot topic research from the Recruitment Confidence Index makes this link between training...
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;10/19/2012, Issue 58, p1
The article offers information on a scheme for recruiting technical apprentices launched by Secret Intelligence Service, Military Intelligence Section 5 (MI5) and the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) of Great Britain. The apprentices will contribute to mission of Intelligence...
- Apprentices the answer to manufacturing slump. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Feb2008, p42
The article reports on the number of apprentices of the Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT). There were 180 apprentices in MIT in 2006 and more than 200 in 2007. MIT Modern Apprenticeships coordinator Larry Wiechern noted that the institute's scheme allows MIT to keep track of the trends in...