IKEA'S NEW QUEUE-CUTTER
- Distributed personnel scheduling–negotiation among scheduling agents. Kaplansky, Eliezer; Meisels, Amnon // Annals of Operations Research;Nov2007, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p227
This paper introduces a model for Distributed Employee Timetabling Problems (DisETPs) and proposes a general architecture for solving DisETPs by using a Multi Agent System ( MAS) paradigm. The architecture is composed of a set of autonomous software Scheduling Agents ( SAs) that solve the...
- Employee time management: Reducing labor while increasing information. Szillat, Edward H. // Parks & Recreation;Jun95, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p30
Suggests employment of a computer system to reduce clerical effort, improve accuracy, restrict employee time abuses and improve management information. Employee time management computer application systems features.
- Timetabling in Germany -- A Survey. Junginger, Werner // Interfaces;Jul/Aug86, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p66
The article focuses on computer programs for class schedules in schools. A time table is a schedule of meetings of classes (or students) and teachers, over a definite period of time, requiring certain resources (for example: rooms) and fulfilling a number of requirements. Constructing a...
- Ikea to provide online order tracking facility. Mohamed, Arif // Computer Weekly;11/22/2005, p8
The article reports that furniture retailer Ikea Furniture Co. is preparing to go live with a system that will allow its customers to track orders online. The project is part of a phased roll-out of logistics and scheduling software from Paragon and home delivery management software from Axida....
- A Variable Time Project Planning and Control Model. Butler, Charles W.; Richardson, Gary L. // Journal of Management Policy & Practice;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p11
The typical method for project scheduling uses a single time estimate for all tasks. Yet, it is likely that each task will vary from that singular value as will the planned project completion date. Rather than using a deterministic date that is inaccurate, it is suggested that a more rigorous...
- Put Time on Your Side. Sturdivant, James // Wearables;Oct2008, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p28
The article explains how businesses can achieve an effective time management. Arthur Hawkins II, owner of online consulting business TimeManagement4U.com, advises using time properly to get more out of life and business. He stresses that maximizing time requires developing greater focus,...
- Ikea AR app lets users see how furniture would look in their homes. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);8/6/2013, p7
The article offers information on the Ikea Catalogue augmented reality mobile device application from furniture retailer Ikea.
- Enterprise: BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS. Kidman, Angus // Australian PC User;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p121
Reviews the Schedule 2.1 time-recording software from TimeCurve.
- Improve Your Outlook. Rohr, Ellen // Walls & Ceilings;Mar2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p53
The article offers guidelines in using Microsoft Outlook. The author says that with this program, electronic mails (e-mails) can be organized in folders by clicking the Tools menu and then Organize. He adds that appointments can be scheduled at the Calendar feature of Outlook and can be...