Public-sector employers top gay-friendly list
- Excellus gets perfect score on HRC Index. // Empty Closet;Dec2014/Jan2015, Issue 485, p3
The article reports on nonprofit health insurance company Excellus BlueCross BlueShield's achievement of a perfect score on the 2015 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and mentions its equal treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer (LGBTQ) employees.
- IBM wins Stonewall equality list top spot. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;1/14/2010, p6
The article reports on the selection of IBM as the most gay-friendly employer in Great Britain by gay rights campaigner Stonewall in its 2010 Workplace Equality Index. The company was also recognised for its development of dedicated sales and marketing team for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and...
- EMBRACING DIFFERENCE. Sprinks, Jennifer // Nursing Standard;2/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p64
Employers have a duty to support all staff, regardless of their sexual orientation. Jennifer Sprinks reports.
- On the Clock. Beebe, Rachel // Curve;Oct2008, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p56
The article offers tips for lesbians on seeking equality in the workplace in the U.S. Selise Berry, executive director of Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, warns lesbians not to make assumptions on sectors that are lesbian- and gay-friendly. She suggests that employees can look for heterosexual...
- IN UNIFORM. Pratka, Ruby // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);8/27/2008, Issue 192, p10
The article reports that gay and lesbian people are welcome to join the police force in Canada. Louise Lafrance, director of recruiting in Quebec and Ontario of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) says that sexual orientation is not an issue in their recruitment process. Brenda Landry, a...
- Police reforms are not strong enough. Campbell, Mike // Personnel Today;1/29/2002, p16
Views on the opinion of a person about the government's proposal for police reforms in Great Britain. Need for a management reformation within the police forces; Comments about the sickness rates among the forces; Assessment about the government strategy.
- On Black leadership, Kersten and Bell should stay tuned. King, Louis // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;9/18/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p5
The article comments on the behavior of the Minneapolis Police Department and the lack of leadership from the city government.
- The Ten Commandments of Global Business. Wynne, Michael // Global Cosmetic Industry;Oct2007, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p58
The article presents information on The Ten Commandments of Global Business developed by the International Management Consulting Associates to help businesses survive in the global markets. It discusses the problems of running international companies, increased public awareness about products...
- Take care when specifying qualifications - they may be ageist. Hucks, Mark; Jacobs, Caroline // Employers Law;Dec2008/Jan2009, p7
The article discusses the ruling on Chief Constable of West Yorkshire v. Homer Employment Appeal Tribunal. When T. Homer joined a department of West Yorkshire Police in England as a legal adviser in 1995, legal advisers were required to have either a law degree or equivalent, or "exceptional...