Inflation To Fall Further
- Inflation To Remain Muted. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2009, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
The article presents an economic outlook for Czech Republic in 2009. It is predicted that the depreciating koruna will affect inflation in the coming months. It is asserted that price growth will be influenced by demand destruction stemming from the recession experienced by the country. It is...
- NBS Holds. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
Presents economic outlook for Slovakia for 2006. Anticipated gradual monetary tightening for the year; Possibility of parliamentary election-induced currency weakening; Threat of inflation overshooting its 2.5% official target.
- Inflation Slip-up. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Oct2002, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the rise in the inflation rate in South Africa. Factor attributed for the inflation uptrend; Concern about the currency decline; Sufficiency of a one percent interest rate rise.
- Bank on Mboweni. Preece, Howard // Finance Week;10/25/2002, p60
Examines devaluation and inflation in South Africa in 2002. Impact of the depreciation of the value of the rand on exporters and investors in rand hedge shares; Emergence of inflationary pressures due to devaluation; Higher costs of imports in rand terms; Need for devaluation measures to be...
- Inflation--Why Do My Dollars Buy Less and Less? // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/2/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p8
The article discusses the issue of inflation and reason for devaluation of the worth of dollars through examining the history of the Roman times where America is being compared.
- IS THIS THE END OF INFLATION? Zakaria, Fareed // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6266, p83
Reports that the currency devaluation crisis in Turkey could become the last battle in the global war against high inflation. Amount of financial losses sustained in the country; Recognition of the failures and limitations of the capitalist form of economy.
- Devaluation. Haidari, Iqbal // Economic Review (05318955);Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p15
Provides information on the currency devaluation in Pakistan. Previous record of devaluation in the country; Negative impact of the devaluation; Reason behind the high rate of inflation in the country.
- Is devaluation the answer? Shirazi, Saquib H. // Economic Review (05318955);Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p17
Determines whether currency devaluation is the solution in tackling the poor trade and economic performance of Pakistan. Pro-devaluation view; Anti-devaluation view; Causes of inflation; Key to improving the economic performance of a country.
- EXPLAINING WHY INDIAN TRADE BALANCE DIDN'T IMPROVE WITH ITS CURRENCY DEVALUATION. Singh, Harmeet; Schumann, Hans // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Spring2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Since the 2008-2009 Global Financial crisis, world economies have witnessed significant changes. Monetary authorities across many countries actively pursued policies to boost domestic economic outlooks. One of these occurrences has been the dramatic drop in the value of the Indian currency,...