Euro Adoption To Boost Foreign Trade
- Country Risk Summary: KAZAKHSTAN. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Eurasia;Mar2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
This article focuses on the country risk analysis of Kazakhstan. A key risk to economic forecasts is the exchange rate. As an oil exporter, Kazakhstan will continue to experience real effective exchange rate appreciation over the forecast period, which will impact negatively on the country's...
- Databank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/18/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p40
Presents updates on the economic indicators in Middle East as of April 18, 2003. Economic forecasts for 2003; Currency exchange rates.
- Databank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/28/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p48
Presents business statistics in the Middle East. Economic forecasts for 2002-2003; Currency exchange rates; Economic indicators.
- Further Kuwaiti Dinar Upside Ahead. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Apr2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that the dominant weighting of the U.S. unit in the Kuwaiti currency basket will allow it to appreciate against the euro. A broad dinar stability against the dollar is expected with a projected end-year rate of KWD0.2750/$1 in 2008. There is a political reason for the...
- IHS Global Insight Report: Turkmenistan (Country Intelligence). // Turkmenistan Country Monitor;Jun2010, p1
The article reports on the economic outlook for Turkmenistan in the period of 2010 to 2014. According to the IHS Global Insight Inc. report, the nominal gross domestic product (GDP) of the country would be undoubtedly strong due to the massive social spending program implemented by the...
- Exchange Rates: Outlook. // Mexico Country Monitor;Jan2012, p16
The article discusses an economic outlook of Mexico, focusing on the exchange rates for 2012. The outlook for the Mexican economy becomes gloomier due to currency depreciation. The peso, which has been substantially weaker in the previous, was expected to strengthen in the said year. Moreover,...
- Exchange Rates: Outlook. // Italy Country Monitor;Jan2012, p13
The article discusses an economic outlook of Italy in 2012, focusing on the country's foreign exchange rates. Economist have projected that the euro will remain uncompetitive early in the said year following the Eurozone economy contracts, the European Central Bank's cuts in interest rates, and...
- Carry On! // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/14/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p14
Predicts the economic performance of Turkey in 2005. Intervention by the country's central bank in current account deficit; Attitude of the investors towards the country's currency exchange rate performance; Gross domestic product for 2005; Macroeconomic challenges facing the country.
- Chile: Growth Slows, But CLP Firm. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/28/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p15
This article reports on the slowdown of real gross domestic product of Chile in the second half of 2006. The country's first half growth was 5.3%. It is predicted that the central bank will raise its benchmark lending rate by 25bps to 5.5% by the end of 2006. The foreign exchange rate of the...