RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- THB39.80/US$ Is Key. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/25/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the market performance of the Thailand baht. Factors affecting performance of the Thailand baht; Reason for the predicted performance of the currency in 2005; Economic forecast for the country.
- Chile: Peso Offers Best Regional Value. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/2/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p11
This article explains that Chile's peso has room to continue appreciating against the Mexican peso. This potential to appreciate is based on the positive outlook for Chile's economy. It estimates that Chile's economy will grow 1.8% in 2009 and it will avoid a recession. On the other hand...
- RON: Long Term Upside Potential. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/2/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p18
The article presents a short-term outlook for the Romanian ron. The national currency is predicted to close 2006 strongly and post gains over 2007. Interest rates were put on hold at 8.75 percent by the National Bank of Romania, but there will be another hike in the fourth quarter of 2006....
- Political Vulnerability Will Continue. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p10
Predicts the economy of Bolivia. Factors that will influence the national currency of Bolivia; Performance of the trade accounts of the country; Fiscal policy of the government.
- Argentina: Pencilling In Losses To ARS4.000/US$. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/2/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p13
This article predicts that Argentine peso will continue to decline against the U.S. dollar in 2009. It expects that the peso will reach 4.00 to the U.S. dollar in 2009. As of January 2009 the Argentine peso was trading at 3.4800 to the U.S. dollar. The decline of the peso is largely driven by...
- Slovakia: Gains For The Koruna Will Be More Limited. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/15/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p18
The article presents an outlook on the performance of the Slovak koruna against other national currencies as of January 2007. Analysts are bullish on the long-term performance of the currency. However, in the short term, they argue that a technical analysis suggests some scope for caution. They...
- Impressively Resilient. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/10/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p22
Presents forecast on the performance of the national currency of Kenya. Short-term outlook; Core view on Kenya's economy.
- CHARTING THE ECONOMY. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;11/8/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p3
Presents graphs depicting the trend in several economic indicators in Nevada as of the third quarter of 2004. Increase in taxable retail sales; Volume of passengers arriving at the McCarran International Airport; Increase in welfare assistance loads.
- ScS predicts tough year. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2007, Issue 5567, p4
The article reports on the economic forecast conducted by ScS on upholstery retailers in Great Britain. Accordingly, the warning was issued at the company's annual general meeting in which it also revealed troubling figures for the first 17 weeks of 2008. The study found that retailers'...