Industry To Struggle Against Global Demand Destruction
- INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC OUTLOOK. Simos, Evangelos Otto // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Summer2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p29
Discusses global economic conditions and financial markets. Improvement in world economy in 2002; Indication that liquidity offsets adverse shocks; Effect of the slowdown in economic activity at the end of 2000; Short-term indicators and forecasts; Global business activity index; Increased...
- Iran: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Iran Country Report;2003, p15
Predicts the economic performance of in Iran based on various political scenarios as of December 2002. Economic growth; Inflation rate; International and domestic economic indicators.
- Lined Up For Strong Growth. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the economic condition of Colombia in 2008. According to the article, the country has been performing strong in its real gross domestic product (GDP) which has accounted for a 7.5% growth in 2007. However, the result in fourth quarter contradicted the deterioration in the...
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Eurasia;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
The article presents regional economic indicator of various countries of Eurasia like Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Armenia and Moldova. These statistics are provided by National Central Banks and National Statistical Bureaux. It presents data on the basis of gross domestic product,...
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK: Singapore. Das, Sanchita Basu // Regional Outlook;2010/2011 Southeast, p150
The article presents the economic outlook of Singapore for 2010-2011. It forecasts that the country's gross domestic product (GDP) will increase in 2010-2011 by 4-5 per cent as the global growth recovers and inflation will register an increase from 1.0-2.0 per cent growth in 2010. It notes that...
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on economic indicators of four countries of Latin America. Real GDP growth rate for 2001 and 2002; Predicted inflation rate for 2003 and 2004.
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on financial indicators for four countries of Central Europe as of July 2003. GDP growth rate for 2001 and 2002; Predicted inflation rate for 2003 and 2004.
- Monetary Easing Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Dec2008, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p11
The article discusses the economic forecast of Business Monitor International on the policy rate reflected on the inflation. It mentions that the National Bank of Moldova has cut its policy rate that reflected on the inflation data. It explains that disinflation was evident in non-food goods...
- Interest Rates Next To Rise. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p10
Interest rates in South Korea will likely rise before the end of 2003 to keep inflation in check. Real interest rates (meaning interest rates minus the anticipated rate of inflation) are now below zero. Therefore, so long as the Bank of Korea refuses to ditch its one-year inflation target,...