Anti-Crisis Package To Mitigate Risks
- ï¿½Son los salarios rï¿½gidos en Colombia?: anï¿½lisis empï¿½rico con base en salarios a nivel de firma. Ana Mar�a Iregui, B.; Ligia Alba Melo, B.; Mar�a Teresa Ram�rez, G. // Monetaria;ene-mar2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p63
No abstract available.
- Country Risk Summary: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jan2004, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p4
Parliament of Poland has voted against a proposal to reduce the central bank's exchange rate risk revaluation reserves, as part of the adjustment to EU (European Union) accounting rules. Despite the central bank's view that the release of the reserves may give rise to inflation, some politicians...
- Accountability, Transparency, and Inflation Targeting. Walsh, Carl E. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p829
Inflation targeting regimes define a performance measure for the central bank. A regime that places a large (small) weight on achieving the target is analogous to a high- (low-) powered incentive scheme. High-powered incentive structures promote accountability but may distort stabilization...
- RISK SUMMARY: TURKEY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
This article reports on the political, economic and business developments in Turkey. Ankara's primary objective is to pursue closer ties with the European Union. Kurds participated fully in the January elections in Iraq and are determined to win broad autonomy during negotiations for a new...
- EU committee presents hard-line stance on government-related securitization. J. G. // Asset Securitization Report;4/30/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p15
The article reports that European Union (EU) committee presents its position on government-related securitization in Europe. The EU Committee on Monetary, Financial and Balance of Payments (CMFB) has recommended that the securitization of fiscal claims by governments be treated as direct,...
- Relaciones del BCE con las instituciones y organismos de la Comunidad Europea. // Boletï¿½n del CEMLA;nov/dic2000, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p279
No abstract available.
- CENTRAL BANK DOLLAR SWAP LINES AND OVERSEAS DOLLAR FUNDING COSTS. Goldberg, Linda S.; Kennedy, Craig; Miu, Jason // Economic Policy Review (19320426);May2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
The article offers information on the history of central bank (CB) dollar swap facilities, the changes in volume and breadth as the conditions for funding evolved, and economic researches that document the efficacy of the swaps. It examines the private cost of dollars and describes the dollar...
- Reshuffling Priorities In 2004. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Discusses changes made by Brazilian President Luis Inï¿½cio da Silva in his cabinet as of January 23, 2004. Cabinet members replaced by da Silva; Results of the latest quarterly inflation report released by the central bank; Description of tax changes which have been made.
- Lessons from the Use of Extraordinary Central Bank Liquidity Facilities. Lavoie, St�phane; Sebastian, Alex; Traclet, Virginie // Bank of Canada Review;Spring2011, p27
The article examines the provision of central bank liquidity during the crisis and its contribution to alleviate the pressures in short-term funding markets. It states that the central bank are flexible to provide extraordinary liquidity to encourage a return to financing in private funding...