SAL Queensland honours AUSMEPA's education contributions and donates $10,000
- 4) ENVIRONMENT. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p5
No abstract available.
- La Mer Makes Ocean Donation. Edgar, Michelle // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/4/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 118, p13
The article informs that La Mer, the ultraluxury skin care line marketed by the Est�e Lauder Cos. Inc., has pledged a $100,000 donation to Oceana, a nonprofit organization that aims to protect the world's oceans. According to the brand, the donation is also meant to honor the founder of La...
- HOW CAN WE SAVE OUR OCEANS? // Monkeyshines on America;Mar99 Oceans & Oceanography Issue, p40
Presents tips on how individuals can help save the world's oceans. Proper disposal of oil; Practice of not pouring down the drain household chemicals; Proper way of fishing; Care of corals.
- Reef Rescue. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;8/29/2003, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the efforts of the government to counteract overfishing, pollution and high temperature problems at the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland. Establishment of underwater garden; Limitation of fishing; Increase in the number of green zones.
- Call for high seas ocean parks. // Ecos;Dec2009/Jan2010, Issue 152, p5
The article reports on the call of scientists regarding marine conservation in Australia.
- Returning the deposed queen conch to royal status in Florida. // National Geographic;Jul97, Vol. 192 Issue 1, p145
Looks at a project to reestablish the Florida queen conch. The number of young conchs released offshore through the project; The 1985 banning of conch harvesting.
- Ocean heroes. Rystedt, Rex // Popular Science;Mar95, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p38
Presents ordinary people in the United States who have contributed to marine resources conservation efforts. Involvement of Nisqually Indian Billy Frank in fisheries conservation in the Pacific Northwest; Surfrider Foundation of California; Establishment of the Bernie Fowler day in Maryland;...
- SHELTERED SEAS. Williams, David B. // Science World;10/23/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the efforts by the U.S. government to protect its oceans and marine resources.
- DEEP-SEA CLEANUP. Bruno, Tara // Science World;10/8/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p3
This article features the effort of a team of military salvage divers to clean up the ocean for rubber tires in Broward County, Florida, in 2007.