Going Beyond Security: Four Concerns Shared by Public and Private Officials
- Working with FirstNet. LEHR, RAY // HS Today;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p7
The author expresses his view about the need of the public safety community in the U.S. for a dedicated and effective nationwide public safety communications network. Topics discussed include the services provided by First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) to address public safety issues,...
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS): Office of Justice Programs: Notice of Application for Funding from the Bureau of Justice Assistance. // Minnesota State Register;6/17/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 51, p1817
The article informs that the Office of Justice Programs under the Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) is submitting an application to the Bureau of Justice Assistance under the U.S. Department of Justice in order to get funding for a crime prevention and reduction program.
- Grants for Law Enforcement, Crime Prevent and Intervention Efforts. // SAY Magazine;Fall2012, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p21
The article informs that the US Department of Justice made 200 grants worth 101 million dollars to American Indian and Alaska Native nations previous year aimed at fostering law and enforcement practices with respect to public safety, community policing and alcohol and substance abuse.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) Office of Justice Programs Notice of Application for Funding from the Bureau of Justice Assistance. // Minnesota State Register;6/9/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p1618
The article announces the filing of a fund application for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program by the Office of Justice Program, Minnesota Department of Public Safety to the Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice in June 2014.
- Justice caps radio ownership. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the US Justice Department's decision to limit Jacor Communications Inc. to 50 percent of the radio revenue in Cincinnati, Ohio. Rules governing Jacor's merger with Citicasters Inc.; Claims by opponents to the decision; Department's review of the effects of mergers planned by other...
- Congress concerned over Carnivore and privacy issues. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p30
Reports on the dispute between the wireless communication industry and the United States Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission over digital wiretap requirements.
- Justice blocks Nextel bid for Geotek licenses. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p1
Reports that the United States Justice Department has blocked Nextel Communications Inc.'s bid on Geotek Communications Inc.'s licenses. Denial of Nextel Communications' request to modify a 1994 antitrust consent decree; Ability of Nextel to accommodate future growth in major markets.
- General Dynamics [GD]: Lockheed Martin [LMT]: AT&T [ATT]: Boeing [BA]: Motorola [MOT]: GD Delivers First Installment of Integrated Wireless Network to DoJ. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/27/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p5
This article reports on the delivery of the first installment of the Integrated Wireless Network (IWN) to the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) by General Dynamics in 2011.
- Grandfather date not in CALEA. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the removal of the digital wiretap act grandfather-date extension from the United States Department of Justice, Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (CALEA). Comments from Chairman Orrin G. Hatch, representative of Utah; Advantages of CALEA to carriers;...