Annual National Retail Security Survey Has Solutions for All Businesses
- DEALING WITH THE INEVITABLE. Little, William Douglas // Motorcycle Product News;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the author's tips on how to manage and prevent robbery in motorcycle dealership business. The author narrates his own personal experience while vacationing in Europe wherein some criminals cut their fencing by using their own forklift. The said experience is just a few of...
- Police warn against winter boat thefts. // Pacific Yachting;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that a warning was given by West Vancouver police towards boat owners to be cautious on securing their marine equipment and boats, following a rash theft happened in September 2011.
- Security wallet. Dunn, Jerry // National Geographic Traveler;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Presents the Colloc security wallet, an anti-theft device. Spraying of indelible ink on the wallet contents when wallet is opened without a security code; Price; Stores which sell the item; Contact information.
- Preparing for supply meltdown. Bradley, Anusha; Ellinor, Rebecca // Supply Management;5/25/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p15
The article focuses on the failure to account security measures in the supply chain planning of business enterprises in Great Britain. A survey reveals that 49 percent of the businesses in the country are unprepared if disaster strikes. RenÃ© de Sousa, senior procurement specialist at...
- Live and Learn. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;3/5/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 44, p5
The article reports that an Austin, Texas employee of the U.S. Veterans Affairs Department (VA) had a VA laptop computer stolen from his home, but that the agency was able to determine that no sensitive information was exposed. All data on the laptop was encrypted. In 2006, the loss of an agency...
- Resisting intruders. Macy, Tim // New Scientist;10/17/2009, Vol. 204 Issue 2730, p31
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the proliferation of feeble warning signs to prevent theft in the August 8, 2009 issue.
- Global Technology Companies Treading Water When It Comes to Security and Privacy. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2008, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p27
The article presents the results of the 2007 global security survey which examined the information security strategy of more than 100 companies in the technology, media and entertainment and telecommunications (TMT) industries. The survey revealed that 46 percent of the respondents have no...
- New Report Says PCI Not a Great Deterrent but Better Than the Rest. Morrison, David // Credit Union Times;5/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the survey concerning the security systems in the U.S. in 2009. According to the survey, the country's Payment Card Industry (PCI) data-security system is not perfect but better compared to the others. It found that complying with the PCI data security standard remains...
- The Globalization of Security. Browning, Christopher // World Today;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 61, p1
Introduces a series of briefing papers written by project leaders within the New Security Challenges Programme in Great Britain.