Tightening Warehouse and Loading Dock Security
- HOW TO BUY DOMES & HOUSING. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p75
Provides tips on how to purchase domed cameras, a good choice for video surveillance system to address basic security needs. Options for cameras that will be used outdoors at night; Use of housings with a pressurized seal to protect the device against dust; Determination of the of pre-set...
- The Key to Locking Out Theft. Adrian, Clare Ann // Grounds Maintenance;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p18
Gives advice on protecting properties from theft. Advantages of having a surveillance camera covering the property area; Ways of tracing stolen equipment and properties; Advantages of regularly checking properties and materials.
- SUCCESS STORIES IN VIDEO MOTION DETECTION. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p44
Presents several stories on how the internal motion detection can have an impact on a client's surveillance capabilities as testified by three systems integrator. Functionalism of the internal motion detection system; Names of the integrator companies that testified for the serviceability of the...
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT IN: ACCESS KEYPADS. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p57
Focuses on the importance of keypad designs of security systems. Functionalism of keypads in several industries' buildings and facilities; Evolution of the keypad from mechanical to electronic device; Reasons behind the popularity of keypads. INSET: Elements Important to End-users.
- Intelligent Video Surveillance Goes Trainspotting. // Electronic Design;4/27/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p40
The article reports on the plan of Stockholm Lokaltrafik, a mass transit agency, to install surveillance system in its utility vehicles in Stockholm, Sweden. In the aim to avoid assaults in transit, the agency with the local officials initiate the installation of an automated and integrated mass...
- Video Surveillance Can Be A Great Add-On. Ross, Julie Ritzer // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2008 Supplement, p8
The article discusses how dealers of video surveillance systems should market their products in the U.S. It is recommended that dealers should clarify that video surveillance systems are all password-protected, and nobody can see into their homes without inputting the correct password. It is...
- DVR INSTALLATION CHECKLIST. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006 Supplement, p16
The article outlines primary considerations technicians should have in order to provide their clients with a robust digital video recording (DVR) installation. These factors to consider include the following: selection of DVR cameras, cable type, storage medium, software for facial recognition,...
- HOME, SECURE HOME. Flynn, Emily // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/25/2005-8/1/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 4/5, p68
Discusses security devices that are available to homeowners. How wealthy people tend to spend more on security systems for their homes; Description of high-tech security systems; Use of robots as guards.
- Foiling the Future Burglar: A Scenario for 2008. Stephens, Gene // Futurist;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p28
Presents a fictional scenario illustrating a potential future of technologies designed to prevent crime in the home. Use of lasers in homes as a form of burglary prevention; Description of Conrad, a computer security system that operates on voice recognition technology; Features of Conrad;...