Card Printers Catch Up to ID Tech Advances
- New Lexmark solution combines printing with RFID. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;5/15/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p43
The article reports that Lexmark is offering radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions as a feature in its lineup of monochromatic laser printers. The feature will be available in the Lexmark T640, T642 and T644 printers. The feature will also have an Ultra-High Frequency laser option....
- Plan Ahead for RFID Printer Investment. Albright, Brian // Frontline Solutions;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the evolution and the importance of radio frequency identification (RFID) printers. Increase of RFID printer demand during the wake of supply chain initiatives announced by Wal-Mart; Technological upgrades of RFID printers; Citation of features to look for in a printer.
- SECURE CARD PRINTER PRODUCES TAMPER-PROOF PHOTO IDS INMINUTES. Frisch, Katherine K. // Government Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p46
Evaluates the P520i color card printer from Camarillo, California-based Zebra Technologies. Use for printing identification cards; Security features of the printer; Advantages of the radio frequency identification technology and software driver installed in the printer; Purpose of the liquid...
- Printer targets RFID labels. // Packaging Magazine;11/7/2002, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p14
Reports that Sato UK has introduced an on-demand label printer for use with radio frequency identification smart labels in Great Britain.
- Printers: No Longer an Island of Technology. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Jun2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p4ADF
Discusses progress and developments in bar code label printers. Nature of bar code labels; Driver of customers' involvement in the printing of bar code labels; Objective of Web-based networking of bar code label printers; Distinction on the importance of data validation versus verification;...
- Do more than just print. Krizner, Ken // Frontline Solutions;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p41
Discusses the highlights in printer technology in 2000. Adoption of radio frequency identification technology; Increased use of networking solutions.
- RFID Changes the Role of Label Printers. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Sep2005, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p20
Discusses the use of label printers in radio frequency identification (RFID) tagging. Creation of RFID tags; Benefit of labels with an encoded inlay to the shipper; Selection of a label printer capable of handling future RFID formats. INSET: Beaver Street Fisheries Gets On Board With RFID.
- new products spotlight. // Packaging Digest;Jan2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p10
Features various products for the package goods industry in the U.S. Advantages of the Radio Frequency Identification label printer from other bar code printers from Avery Dennison Printer Systems; Features of the outer case coders developed by Alpha Dot; Design of the InteliJet R ink-jet...
- Is RFID in your future? // American Printer;Feb2005, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p26
This article focuses on the prospect of combining radio frequency identification (RFID) tag production with the U.S. packaging industry, which is considered as one area where high-quality commercial printers should thrive. The Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC) has focused on RFID and plans a...